Why become a member? ×

Need input!

Lord Sausage

I had one, and yes, it`s a very good amp. Very versatile, due to having 2 channels. Modern, which has a compressor on it, and Classic, which has gain, and gain boost - you can get a real Lemmy sound on this. Plus, there is a Blend control, where both channels can be blended together, so tailoring the sound even more.

There were apparently reliability issues on the early models, but I bought my one in late 2007, never had any problems with it, and sold it to a guy I work with in 2009, who still has it now, so it has been used weekly for nearly 4 years, and probs at all.

These are loud amps. I used mine with a heavy rock band, and a punk band, both with 2 gtrs. For practices, I just used it on it`s own, but at gigs added the matching 1x15 for a little more depth and presence. You could easy gig it on it`s own though. I just wanted a Marshall stack!

My opinion is vastly different.

I had one for a while. I didn't really like any of the sounds it had, but I prefEr getting as much as a flat sound as possible..
The different channels are usable, I just didn't like them.

In terms of loudness, I fEel it was short here too. I could hear next to a loud drummer but not with any real defintion.

I would look at returns policy cause the only wat you'll know if its right for you is at a gig or rehearsal.

I have the MB4410, same amp but 4 x 10". I think its a great amp for the money. There have been reliability issues with them but i had no issues sending mine back for replacement when the volume pot started to crackle. I still use mine for rehearsing and the odd gig now and then with no problems. Like Loz, I added a 1 x 15" extensiion for more depth and its plenty loud enough. TBH its plenty loud enough on its own. I like the 2 channels and the blend option, I find i can get all the sounds and tones I need (covers band).

Jas