Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender / Allparts '70s-looking Jazz

thisnameistaken

I bought this bass earlier this year to have a more 'traditional'-looking bass for a specific gig, but I'm no longer doing the gig and now this is collecting dust while I play my Warwick, so I might as well move it on...

According to the guy who set it up for me (Shane Haigh in Wakefield) this is a USA Fender body and electronics, matched to a '70s style Allparts Jazz neck. As you can see, someone has enthusiastically festooned the headstock with decals but it's clearly not a real Fender '70s reissue - stuff like the 4-bolt neck joint and truss rod access give it away. The decals look like they belong though; it's a decent job.

Body has a few small marks in the areas you might expect below the rear strap point, they're all pinhead-sized dings to the lacquer, nothing serious. There's also a couple of marks on the front of the body just below the bridge but again they are tiny and minor. The back is slightly crazed but has no buckle marks or anything of that nature, it's pretty much spotless.

Sounds... like a Jazz bass, because it is. Neck has no issues, frets in good condition, it's taken a low action with no buzzes, currently strung with Rotosound RS66 100-40s.

Weight is 9.5lbs according to my bathroom scales.

No case but I could supply an old gig bag.

I would like £400 for it, preferably collected from me in central York, or I could perhaps journey out a reasonable distance for petrol money.

Trades... I'm currently only really looking for a decent carved double bass, 3/4 or 4/4, 4 strings. If you have something like that maybe we could make a deal.

Edit for more info originally requested by PM:

Neck pocket is stamped October 27 1999, neck itself is branded 'ALLPARTS LIC BY FENDER' under the heel.

Under the pickguard there is an open route between the front pup and the control cavity, so this bass would not look good sans pickguard.

P.S. Sorry for the phone pics, light outside is pretty glum today. :)

Edited by thisnameistaken