Why become a member? ×

SOLD '73 Precision, rosewood board, worn 3T sunburst & Wizard Jazz PUP

Beedster

I've pretty much found my two keeper Precisions now (see [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15888&hl=)"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15888&hl=)[/url], so this beauty is going. Original PUP at neck, overwound Wizard J-PUP at bridge. Original pickguard/bridge/tuners. Not sure re. pots. Can be supplied with Wizard Thumper and Cairns humbucking J-PUP also. 1.625" nut width. Stunningly worn 3T/SB finish and lovely aged headstock. Neck well played but truss rod and frets are all good. Playing-wise it's a lovely versatile passive bass with loads of classic early 70's P-Bass thump as well as plenty of Jazz growl. Mojo by the ton (it's the one on the left by the way).
£900 ONO. Collection from Milton Keynes or somewhere on M1.
Cheers
Chris

More pics at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4294"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4294[/url]

[attachment=6781:Precisions.JPG]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='162413' date='Mar 23 2008, 10:08 PM']Aaaaargh!!! I can't take any more gorgeous Precisions :)[/quote]
+1

Lovely bass Chris! Pretty sure it'll find a new home soon.. That new '83 looks a cracker too... :huh:

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='162413' date='Mar 23 2008, 10:08 PM']Aaaaargh!!! I can't take any more gorgeous Precisions :)[/quote]

You've already got it's sister David!

Jamie, I'd love the Stingray, it's a real beaut - in fact I very nearly PM'd you when you first listed it - but don't think I'd ever play it beyond the odd bit of bedroom noodling.
Not that that has ever stopped me before :huh:

If I change my mind I'll get back to you

Chris

Chris,
Did I see a photo of this bass with a fretless neck at some stage? I'm interested in another P bass and one with a J pickup might be just the thing.

Neil.

Edited by barks

[quote name='barks' post='163605' date='Mar 26 2008, 10:16 AM']Chris,
Did I see a photo of this bass with a fretless neck at some stage? I'm interested in another P bass and one with a J pickup might be just the thing. Are there any more photos?

Neil.[/quote]

Hi Neil
Well observed! Yes, it is currenly fitted with a '77 Precision Fretless neck but I aim to sell it in it's original configuration with rosewood/fretted neck. I can take some pics tonight and post them here.
Cheers#
Chris

Withdrawn - although likely temporarily - whilst I review my bass situation :)
Had a couple of offers and realised I didn't want to sell it so soon after my '75 so I'm gonna think a few things through
Apologies to those of you who were interested.
Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely looking P-Bass Chris !

If I didn't have a Nash 58 P-Bass on order I could have been seriously tempted here.

That J-pickup is quite close to the bridge - just the way I like it. What does it bring to the table tone wise ?

Hope a buyer appears soon .........

Bill

[quote name='dmz' post='178352' date='Apr 16 2008, 09:44 PM']Lovely looking P-Bass Chris !

If I didn't have a Nash 58 P-Bass on order I could have been seriously tempted here.

That J-pickup is quite close to the bridge - just the way I like it. What does it bring to the table tone wise ?

Hope a buyer appears soon .........

Bill[/quote]

Cheers Bill
It brings - in a word - growl :)
Chris

[quote name='tombboy' post='178590' date='Apr 17 2008, 09:46 AM']You're just teasing me now Chris! I don't have any Gas tokens!!! :)[/quote]

Oh yes you do, it's that bitsa 'ray you've got with the graphite neck........