Why become a member? ×

SQUIER VINTAGE MODIFIED JAZZ BASS

gary mac

[b] SQUIER VINTAGE MODIFIED JAZZ[/b]

This is my daughter’s Squier bass.

Plenty of bass chatters are probably aware of how impressive these Indonesian built instruments are, this one is a very good example and is in excellent condition.

Nicely modded with Wizard 84 pick-ups, cavity screening and Schaller strap locks.

Hopefully the photos will clearly show the lovely grain and wood colour, and the almost blemish free body, neck and head stock.
No wear to any of the twenty frets or the maple fretboard.
All controls function properly and are crackle free.
Truss rod works perfectly and is set to the correct tolerance.

Given the excellent condition and the mods, the asking price is £240.00
Happy for Bass Chatters to visit for a viewing/test drive.

There is no case with this bass so collection would be preferred.
If you do require the bass to be posted, we can arrange for shipping, but please note that this will be at additional cost over and above the price quoted.

My daughter is having some health problems at the moment and not able to work, hence the sale of this and some other instruments. She is therefore not interested in trades at this time. She is a Bass Chat member but I offered to do the photos, put up the ads and deal with the sales as she just isn’t up to doing it herself at present.

Cash sale preferred, but can accept Pay Pal or Bank transfer.

[quote name='FrederikVanDuuren' timestamp='1319668100' post='1417187']
i think to expensive :) you can find them at ebay for $200...

fred
[/quote]

It's generally considered bad form on here to post comments like this. Seeing that you have though, I would like to say that, a lot of items can be found cheaper on ebay. Also the U.S. market is different to ours, I'm assuming you are talking of the U.S. market given that you quoted dollars.

If this bass was not modded I would have set the price at £180.00, which is a very fair price given the condition.
The pups and straplocks cost my daughter £90.00 so we have added what we considered a reasonable £60.00.

Perhaps any further comments about pricing could be via pm thanks.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1319697938' post='1417281']

It's generally considered bad form on here to post comments like this.....[/quote]
Also it is against explicit rules set out in the Market Place T&Cs [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=20"]here[/url].

[quote]
[b][u][size=3]Guidelines for BUYERS[/size][/u][/b]

[size=3]5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price.[/size][/quote]
Nice bass.

Hope your daughter is ok.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1319706710' post='1417392']
Also it is against explicit rules set out in the Market Place T&Cs [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=20"]here[/url].

Nice bass.

Hope your daughter is ok.
[/quote]

Doh Ou7shined beat me too it!

That's probably the prettiest VM Jazz I've seen so far.
I have one, with very uninspiring grain...

That's a very nice bass, and the original pickups are precisely what I found to be the weak point... so great to have a set of Wizards there...

yum. :)

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1319795860' post='1418618']
I learned on one of these and yours looks like a lovely example! I always found the stock pups to be a little 'polite' so the Wizards should have improved things no end. Good luck with the sale and all good wished to your daughter.

LC
[/quote]

Thank you. All the best

A couple of Bass Chatters have pointed out to me that the going price should be £170-£180 for one these and I agree, infact I think I've already said that in an earlier post.

But this has mods as detailed in the OP. I'm not trying to recoup the whole cost of the mods, just a reasonable percentage.