Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Basic 4 FS/FT PRICE DROP £450 posted

Davetbass

For sale my Sandberg Basic 4 in Greenburst. Bought for an originals project that fell through I m moving it on to fund another purchase. I'm a big fan of Sandbergs and have been using a PM4 fo the last 2 years. It's my main gigging bass and I'm never selling it :) Handmade in Germany these basses are highly praised by most (theyre not everyones cup o tea) and there are a few threads on BC about them. More info on specs can be found at www.sandberg-guitars.de. The finish is a natural wood stained finish thats designed to wear over time so theyll look road worn (or something?) Glockenlang 2 band eq makes it a very versatile bass and I've never struggled to find a sound I wanted out of it. Used it in a few different gigging situations from soul to heavy rock and it's sounded great. Low action and strung with ernie balls these retail around £1000 so I'm asking a reasonable £450 posted..

Thanks for looking :)

Dave

[url="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/davegrosie/"]http://s1207.photobu...470/davegrosie/[/url]

Will swap for a four string of equal value or cash your way for the right bass..

EDIT: For price drop £450 posted.

Edited by Davetbass

Have a bump on me, another big Sandberg fan here!
The Basics are often overlooked by people, but they're unbelievably good basses. In fact, I prefer my Basic to my Cali PM. Effortless to play and sound fantastic.

Good luck with the sale Dave, looks like a lovely bass!

Thanks for that :-) I was turned on to sandbergs when I fancied a fender p deluxe. When that didn't do it for me I tried the cali pm and was immediately sold on it! The basic is different but an excellent bass and plays better than the Cali.

Keep on spreading the good brother!

Fellow sandberg convert :-)

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1319534030' post='1415177']
Buggar, I love green. You say it's 2 band eq? You after any trades?
[/quote]

Unless Dave's has been changed, the Basics have a 3-band Glockenklang with push/pull volume for true passive bypass. There is zero volume drop when switching if the EQ is centred. They are very versatile for a single pickup bass!

Edited by TRBboy