Why become a member? ×

Repaired Heritage Mockingbird

Von Death

I bought this off Robocorpse a little while ago as I was looking for a backup for my US Mockingbird....

It seems to have done the rounds having previously belonged to thombassmonkey, stevied-fenderp2009 and rmshaw37

A canny bit of work done,

1 Refinished to get rid of missing chunks

2 Grover Titan Machine heads

3 2 x Dimarzio DP122

4 Wiring done for bass and treble boost (like on my US Mockingbird)

5 Headstock refinished with US style logo....

6 Brass nut

Will be putting a Gotoh bridge on sometime!

I love it and will not be selling it!

Edited by Von Death

Cheers Chaps!

I have had a thing about BC Rich on account of being a Sabbath fan..... Geezer had great sounds on Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules etc..... Then I saw Neil Murray from Whitesnake and Bob Daisley .... then Dave Ellefson using Mockingbirds.... Took Me till 2000 to get my 1st one..... . I tried Gibson Thunderbirds (still got a Blackbird) but there is no competition..... Ive got a Steve HArris Spec precision but like all precisions they often lack bottom end. On the Yank BC's you can get a full on clanky Steve Harris sound (with more bottom end) right through to a more solid tight Jazzy sound..... I also had a Bich at one point but it was a shorter scale and had horrid EMG pick ups........ The dream is to find an long scale American one..... Lorne thinks there was only about 12 ever built tho...... Well if Simon Cowell decides he likes Heavy Rock and offers me a Million pound contract... thats how I am going to spend it...

Edited by Von Death

[quote name='Von Death' timestamp='1319389994' post='1413514']
I bought this off Robocorpse a little while ago as I was looking for a backup for my US Mockingbird....

It seems to have done the rounds having previously belonged to thombassmonkey, stevied-fenderp2009 and rmshaw37

A canny bit of work done,

1 Refinished to get rid of missing chunks

2 Grover Titan Machine heads

3 2 x Dimarzio DP122

4 Wiring done for bass and treble boost (like on my US Mockingbird)

5 Headstock refinished with US style logo....

6 Brass nut

Will be putting a Gotoh bridge on sometime!

I love it and will not be selling it!
[/quote]

I had one of these for a while, kind of regret selling it. Definitely had a unique growl, you can see why Entwistle was so fond of the PP configuration.

Here's my US one.... I have has it for about 10 years..... I used it on the Cardinal Synne CD. I love this bass so much that I dont take it out but rather keep it locked up in a darkened room safely indoors... bit like the wife actually..

Edited by Von Death

• 7 months later...

[quote name='Von Death' timestamp='1319658488' post='1417040']

I also had a Bich at one point but it was a shorter scale and had horrid EMG pick ups........ The dream is to find an long scale American one..... Lorne thinks there was only about 12 ever built tho......
[/quote]

I never said that

There were about 4 built

[sub][attachment=110682:SAM_1480.JPG][attachment=110682:SAM_1480.JPG][quote name='Lorne' timestamp='1339813876' post='1694906']
I never said that

There were about 4 built
[/quote][/sub]

[sub]Well in that case I will be waiting for a very long time......... I saw Neal Moser bought a long scale one on ebay USA to restore .... I would love that! [/sub]

[sub]Re my heritage..... I dont know how it was filled... I have just had the back shaped to make it more comfy[/sub]

Edited by Von Death