Why become a member? ×

Mixed feelings about new band album

neepheid

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1319191621' post='1410969']
[b]Seems to me you don't really rate the product [/b]so therefore you have be upfront about it and say it isn't you playing... end of.
[/quote]

Oh no, that isn't what I'm saying at all - I've said all along in this thread that I like the album and the songs. I wouldn't be in a band whose music I wouldn't naturally listen to anyway. Distancing myself from the playing on the album is merely an integrity thing, I won't take credit for something I didn't do.

I don't think I'm putting my point across very well here. I think I'll shut up now and just focus on playing the songs and playing a more active role in the creation of subsequent music. I'm probably making a big fuss about nothing. It's just because it's a new situation to me.

Edited by neepheid

I was in this situation (sort of) when I joined one of my bands back in 2007.
An album had been recorded, but not yet released. Babar Luck from King Prawn played bass on the album, but was never a band member (he's our singer/guitarist's brother) I made the decision not to copy the recorded basslines because Babar is a better bassist with a different style. The new album is all me. :)