Why become a member? ×

What's a good USB Audio Interface to record with?

STAB91

Hey guys

Looking at doing a record within the next year and iv got quite a bit of experience with recording before but I'd like to know if anyone has any good recommendations on an Audio Interface to get?

any good or bad advice welcomed just looking for a bit of a chin wag and some feedback from people

much obliged =)

I'm very new to this stuff myself, but after a bit of browsing on here I read that the Focusrite range is pretty good so I bought a Focusrite saffire 6 USB. Have to say that I'm more than happy with it...doddle to use and the sound quality is more than good enough for my needs. Can be picked up second hand for around £100 mark

Ditto on that

Had the same interface as Legion (Focusrite saffire 6 USB). Good quality and importantly for me good construction. Its one of the only ones in its price bracket to be made of metal. Big bonus as i dropped it on a wooden floor. Still works. 2 years now and fault free. Very low latency and good Windows support.

I use a Tascam US-144MKII... had it for a good while and never had any problems with it. Surprisingly, they seem to keep their value second-hand, but you can pick them up for around £70 if you shop about a bit (or £140ish new). Very reliable and zero latency, so might be worth a look.

However... if I bought a new interface I'd probably opt for a Focusrite as others have mentioned. I've never used one myself, but I see them recommended everywhere and have never heard a bad word against them. So they sound like a very safe bet to me.

I have used both the M-Audio Fastrack and the Apogee Jam and both work really well and are reasonably priced too.

Interested to know if anyone has used GarageBand on ipad2 for recording with any success?

[quote name='STAB91' timestamp='1319034039' post='1409138']
Hey guys

Looking at doing a record within the next year and iv got quite a bit of experience with recording before but I'd like to know if anyone has any good recommendations on an Audio Interface to get?

any good or bad advice welcomed just looking for a bit of a chin wag and some feedback from people

much obliged =)
[/quote]