Why become a member? ×

Forgetting equipment!

Our lead Guitarist came bouncing into the Gig, bubbling with enthusiasm because his wife had just told him she was pregnant. (They'd been trying for three years). :) Set all the gear up, plugged in for the sound check and the drummer said " Hurry up and grab your Guitar, Col. I want a Pint!" Cue blank look on said guitarists face, which slowly morphed into a look of sheer terror. "I've left them both in the house" :) He'd even left his spare beside the main one, both standing behind the front door. Luckily, the gig was only four miles away from his house, and he didn't get a speeding ticket either on the way there or on the return journey. :)

We were playing an outdoor gig once with my old band, and I had to go about 4 miles in the wrong direction to go and get the drum kit from where we rehearsed (typical "Oh the 18 year old member likes to drive so we won't ask our parents for a hand" ), got there, loaded gear up and all was good, however traffic back into town was REALLY sh*te as the event we were playing was quite a biggy. Got there with not a lot of time to spare, I set up, all sounding good, guitarists set up, all sounding good, drums kinda set up but there was a noticeable lackage of sound in the cymbal department... they were still on the guitarists lawn.

And since I was the one who had to cart everyone's gear around and go out of my way to drive (gig was a 10 minute walk from my house!) it was apparently my fault! We ended up playing late after getting it sorted, but that gave chance for the crowd to get better. To date I've never forgotten anything of my own

The only thing ive forgotten to take has been a strap with strap locks. This has actually happened twice so now i leave a spare with the band.
I did also forget to take a working bass to a gig though. I had changed the pups in my CV Jazz but not wired them in. The problem was i put the bass in he wrong gig bag and ended up taking this bass to a gig instead of the correct (working bass).
I did manage to get it all up and running with the help of Gaffa tape. Oh, and this bass didnt have strap locks on it but my strap did and these are permanently fixed to the strap with no way of getting them off at a gig.

All gear goes in the hall the night before I need to take it anywhere... even back when I was playing guitar badly at hardcore punk gigs I was this organised. Actually it's a much better system these days as constantly stubbing my toe on my amp while negotiating the narrowest bit of the hallway means I never forget the stuff is there. Only thing I've ever forgotten was my extension lead but the rehearsal space had some so no big deal there.

Edited by mrdreadful