Why become a member? ×

Rickenfaker on evilbay

Stacker

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960s-bass-guitar-80s-and-rickenbacker-4001-/270834760120?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f0f0279b8"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960s-bass-guitar-80s-and-rickenbacker-4001-/270834760120?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f0f0279b8[/url]

This is an odd one. Def not a genuine Rick but possibly a Gherson. Also, looks like the bridge is missing and that whole tailpiece unit is mis-aligned, given how the strings are running on the 'board.

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1318773638' post='1406005']Why do people sell things for their 'friends'? Why don't their 'friends' sell it for themselves?[/quote]

I sell stuff for friends because my friends have dayjobs an can't be dealing with all the associated stuff. Plus I know more about everything than everyone, so makes it a lot easier for me to answer questions, unlike this guy.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1318777594' post='1406061']
Plus I know more about everything than everyone, so makes it a lot easier for me to answer questions.
[/quote]
Er, yes...

I do actually sell stuff for my friends if they don't have an eBay account, or if they're having some kind of problem with PayPal, and so forth. But I would never put 'selling this for a friend' in the description.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1318777825' post='1406066']
Er, yes...

I do actually sell stuff for my friends if they don't have an eBay account, or if they're having some kind of problem with PayPal, and so forth. But I would never put 'selling this for a friend' in the description.
[/quote]

If I ever see 'selling for a friend', it makes me think it's moody. It's an easy get-out clause from answering questions.... Erm, yes, I've been told it's a Ric, but it's not mine etc etc...

He pulled it himself (listing vanishes if ebay do it), meaning had to cancel all bids first. And most of the bids were a ton of shill bids by a 0 feedback bidder, and one by me, I bid right away so he couldn't edit his crappy listing. Maybe he got an off ebay offer, or found he couldn't edit it, so pulled it.

Edited by Mr. Foxen