Why become a member? ×

Igig G515 user seeking a lighter gig bag

Scotticus

Hey all,
So for the last year or so, I've been using an Igig G515 bag. It's every bit as insanely roomy and well built as the hype would have you believe. Trouble is, with that build quality comes weight. I'm carrying my bass around practically all day everyday now, and desperately need a more compact lighter bag without sacrificing much in the way of storage space.
I'm seeing plenty of slimmer fit and lighter looking bags on the market, but having doubts over whether any of those will be able to stash my Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 head. I know GB make a case for the shuttle, but I've already got my hands full when traveling with a pedalboard bag, so that's not really an option.
Any recommendations? Price is almost no object if it'll be light enough that I can wake up and not ache again.
Cheers
Scott

Edited by Scotticus

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1318081314' post='1397906']have you tried mono gig bags?[/quote]
The storage is what's put me off Mono, the GB can just about be stuffed in there, but that's your lot. I guess I'm aiming for somewhere in-between the Mono and the storage beast that is the Igig.

[url="http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Roksak_Pro_Deluxe_20_Bass_Guitar_Gig_Bag_%28BG20%29/ROKSAK-BG20"]Roksak[/url]

I'm using one for my Thunderbird (I've got the thunderbird shaped one) the big pocket will be roomy enough for a shuttle and there's even a velcro loop in there for attaching cables to.

The smaller pocket on the front is ideal for tools and a leatherman fits inside the pocket inside that one.

Been using mine since last year and it looks as good as new and I have on occasion had it over my shoulders, mainly to give me less trips to the car but also when taking the bus to gigs where everything is supplied.