Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Pacifica 102S (tele style)

[size=4]Yamaha's take on a tele for sale for a bargain of £75 for basschatters. It's a nice looking, simple reliable guitar that is perfect for beginners or as a backup axe. Similar sound options to a regular tele (same pickup configuration) but a bit smoother perhaps. A little lighter and slinkier than a fender/squier tele shape.[/size]

[size=4]Pics available at the gumtree where its also for sale, basschat discount applies![/size]
[size=4][url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/yamaha-pacifica-102s-tele-style-guitar/88756146"]http://www.gumtree.c...guitar/88756146[/url][/size]

[size=4]There is one scratch on the body (not shown on the pics, forgot about it). Sound/playing not affected at all and at this price you're not looking for an immaculate, brand-new guitar (or if you are, good luck!).[/size]

[size=4]Pick up only though, as the gig bag really isn't up to being posted. Viewing/playing welcome.[/size]

To far I'm afraid, I'm in Shropshire and tbh can't really justify another electric guitar. Living on a narrowboat there's only so much space I can allocate for guitars and I have the trio (accoustic, electric and a short scale bass).
Shame as that yam is a bargain, nice necks on the Pacifica, a decent base for moding.

I lent one of these to friend about 2 years ago and he had it nicked from the cab of his transit in Yorkshire. I was absolutely gutted, as it was - as you say, a fantastic guitar, and at £75, a bargain. They are quite rare too.

If anyone has family looking for a first guitar for a kid for Christmas, I would buy this in a shot - rather than waste money on a boxed 'package' Squier.

Have an " I would snap your hand off if I lived closer" bump on me!

[QUOTE]
I lent one of these to friend about 2 years ago and he had it nicked from the cab of his transit in Yorkshire.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Ironically I've moved on to a Squier, not a boxed one but a Tele custom with the P90s. Very nice.

You don't remember the serial number of yours I suppose? This one was found in a cash converters so it's not inconceivable...

Edited by randymussel

[quote name='randymussel' timestamp='1319724708' post='1417776']Thanks! Ironically I've moved on to a Squier, not a boxed one but a Tele custom with the P90s. Very nice.

You don't remember the serial number of yours I suppose? This one was found in a cash converters so it's not inconceivable...[/quote]

They're pretty sweet sounding squiers with the p90's, tried one but wasn't the neck for me.

• 1 month later...

One more try for Christmas bump.

Open to offers, particularly for cheap electric gu!tars with humbuckers, or electro-acoustics. Anything else, feel free to offer.

[attachment=95082:P9270004.JPG]

[attachment=95083:P9270006.JPG]

Edited by randymussel

Are the photos of the guitar you were offering on Gumtree a while ago? The Gumtree ad has expired (unlees it's sold already). I'm very interested cos I want a Tele style guitar to mess around on when I'm not playing bass.

I'm in Staines so not too far away.