Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 2010 MIA *** SOLD ***

mr zed

***** Sold - thanks for all the interest *****

Hi all,

up for sale is my 2010 USA Fender Precision bass with OHSC.

The bass is like new apart from 2 very small marks on the underside of the neck at the 3rd fret which i've tried to show in one of the photos. These do not interfere with the playing experience at all. No other dings or scratches anywhere.

Reason for sale is that i've come to realise that i'm more suited to a Jazz style neck - i'm just not bonding with the precision which is a shame because it's a beautiful instrument. Great tone. lightweight and fantastic build quality.

Not really looking for trades as I have three other basses (which according to the domestic authority is already 2 too many) although I could be tempted with a EBMM Stingray 4HH or maybe a Sterling.

I'm looking for £750.

Edited by mr zed

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1317748822' post='1394138']
Yep,

Can't go wrong with this. The more recent Am Std's are very good indeed. Good price too.

Good luck,

LC
[/quote]
Thanks LC. You're dead right - the build quality of this bass is second to none. Fender have really got their act together these days.

[quote name='larrytron' timestamp='1317756141' post='1394273']
If you dig Jazz necks, you should better consider a Sterling to a Stingray. I'm not sure but I think the nut size is more jazz like on Sterlings than on SR's.
Anyway good luck with the sale.
[/quote]
Cheers Larrytron. I've never had the chance to try a Sterling but I believe the body is smaller than the Stingray and the neck is more like a Jazz so that would probably suit me. I also believe that they do a Stingray with a thinner neck (SLO)?

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1317765041' post='1394443']
Cheers Larrytron. I've never had the chance to try a Sterling but I believe the body is smaller than the Stingray and the neck is more like a Jazz so that would probably suit me. I also believe that they do a Stingray with a thinner neck (SLO)?
[/quote]
Wow! I didn't even know that SLO option existed, I gonna be gasin' for a SR soon... Cheers and Bump.