Why become a member? ×

Need help asap-tube amp related

Neuroscar

So, im hosting 2 cool people at my place and the guitarist's amp, kinda broke last night.

Crap sound like its out of tune and buzzing at the same time. Very low volume as well.
The thing is that when you turn the amp off and in those very few seconds before it turns off, the sound is the normal one.
Back on, crappy sound again.
The tubes seem to be working.
We opened it and nothing seemed loose or out of order, but of course we arent specialized.
The fuses arent blown either.

I need help really fast, because the guys are in the middle of a big tour and we have like a day to fix this.
We will not fix this by ourselves of course, we have a tech around here but cant reach him so far due to being Sunday, and we could always narrow down our possible solutions.

[quote name='Neuroscar' timestamp='1317723429' post='1393615']
Thanks a ton mr foxen.
Unfortunately, i live in Greece.(need to add my location soon).
The amp was fixed quick afterall, it was a dead tube in the preamp that also resulted in a burnt resistor.
[/quote]

Bet that was a relief for you. Trust you had a spare tube and resistor. Guessing it was a fused resistor used to protect pcb's from further damage.

Dave