Why become a member? ×

Spector NS-JH5CM Fretless - Forest Green

Dan_Nailed

Selling my beloved Spector NS-JH5CM fretless. Why? Because I've got a Euro 5LX which is about the same for me but gets played more and this sits under the bed. Playing guitar mainly now and sold my big bass rig so it's criminal that this lives in the case.

Made in 2004, I took delivery in March 2005 straight from Spector. This bass is the only one of it's kind in existence, as they discontinued Forest Green after this bass, and soon after started putting double humbuckers onboard instead of Humbucker+J. Handmade in the Woodstock shop it's got Mr. Spector's signature on the back of the headstock. Features: deep-inset bolt-on with 6 bolts, solid AAAA flame maple body, 3 piece maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Brass Hipshot bridge & Hipshot Ultralight tuners.

Now for my essay part. I'm a Spector fan and I've played every model, and I've always maintained that the US Bolt-Ons are the best basses they make in terms of value and features. Euro's are brilliant, but the US Bolt-On's are [i]unique[/i]. Lightweight, big tone, the best necks Spector manufacture(natural finished but same profile as the US neck-throughs) deep bolt neck joint gives neck through sustain but bolt-on punch. Solid maple bodies but price tag that's more Euro than US. Immaculate, world class construction and individual pickup choice. This bass has done international festivals with me, I've recorded with it and it helped me attain my music degree. It's special. And it will inspire you when you play it.

It isn't standard - I modded it for 18V, swapped the 40CSTW in the bridge for a 40DC and removed the Tonepump which isn't popular anyway. Filled the holes with removable rubber gromets and wired the bass volume-passive blend. Any preamp will drop straight in if you like, not many people are a fan of the Tonepump. The 40DC in the bridge is better balanced for the SJ5 in the neck, little brighter, clearer deeper lows and more articulate. Brings out the growl and mwah a lot more, and allows that "bloom" that fretless players crave, but dialled right gives that classic Spector punch. 18V is always a good move for more headroom. It will do any style of music, I used it for metal and some jazz, but it would be great for even pop or fusion, maybe even emulating a double bass if you raise the action and use the neck pickup. It will Jaco for days if you use the bridge.

I also changed the knobs for black metal ones from the standard plastics, and the input jack is black too. This cost £12 on it's own would you believe?!?

Fretboard wear - barely any and I used stainless strings on it since buying it. The body is oil finished and has a few dings which are shown below:

The equivalent of this new will cost you well over £2000, a Euro 4LX is about £1900, but considering the economic climate, this is a niche purchase as a fretless, it isn't standard and has some very VERY minor dings, I'll sell it for £800 ONO - I want a quick sale. Includes Spector deluxe hardcase(£80 on it's own), Dunlop straplocks and black Levys strap. Will ship but would rather meet you with it as I would hate it to get damaged. It's got brand new D'Addario Prosteels on in standard tuning and I'll throw some polishing wax in as well.

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] Edited by Dan_Nailed

Wow this is my dream fretless...
if i had the cash right now i would buy it today,but unfortunatly i don't have that kind of cash at the moment... :)

Are you intrested intrested in (partial) trades by any chance???

I can offer a mint Bubinga warwick thumb 4 string
or 2 brand new Aguilar GS112 cabs
or a genz benz streamliner amp,
i even have a Jackson warrior guitar that i could offer as part of a trade...

i can also ad some cash to the trade deal if necesary.

I hope this doesn't get snapped up in front of my nose as this bass is exactly what i was looking for at the moment...

please someone buy some of my gear so i can buy this!!! :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' timestamp='1317561597' post='1391764']
Shipping to the US on Monday. Went for £775+ shipping in the end!
[/quote]

Noooo... :)
just needed 4 more weeks to raise the money..
i should have sold my kidneys when they still wanted them.. :)