Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SG6

bubinga5

[attachment=90094:1.jpg]Was browsing in my local town today, and spotted one of these.. the guy plugged it in for me and i was really impressed.. a really comfortable bassl, with great playability.. what i loved was the neck.. very flat and sooo comfortable..

and it sounded really nice... anyone else played one of these??.. i might even put a deposit down on it.. great bass for 300 squids..

Edited by bubinga5

Ibanez basses are usually excellent for the money.
On the downside, whilst the fit/finish is generally very good, the cost savings seem to be made in the pick-ups/electrics on the cheaper models.
This isn't always immediately obvious in a shop enivironment, but once you get them home and start playing them alongside more expensive items in your collection, they disappoint a little. This is heightened by the fact that they usually feel really good and are easy to play- the tone doesn't always quite match.

My SRX 700 fell foul of this. Well made, easy to play, looked nice etc. Just sounded crude, ultimately. And it shouldn't have.
I couldn't be bothered to mod it by spending another £200-300 on swapping out the EQ and /or pick-ups and sold it on. Don't miss it, TBH.

And they do love that SR body shape, don't they...