Why become a member? ×

seymour duncan PSB-3's, anyone got em>

skidder652003

Eeeeek! Having drunk too much wine with my Debit card within too easy reach, Ive just splashed out £60 squid on some SPB-3 P bass Pups for my 83 JV P Bass. Ive always thought the stock fenders sounded pis*y and harsh to my (one) ear and didnt cut it in the mix with the band. Anyone tried these suckers out? Lots of good reviews out there of course but nice to hear it from gigging musos rather than bedroom twiddlers...

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1316734227' post='1382287']
bloody great pickups.
there is a reason why steve harris uses them!
[/quote]
Steve Harris doesn't use them, he uses a custom wound SPB-1. The SD site only put that he uses them on their site because the original "Steve Harris signature model" was released with the SPB-3's and was nothing like Steve's actual bass. The newest signature model is a spot on reproduction of his main bass. The original one had a basswood body, red pickguard, lake placid blue body, black knobs and C shaped neck where as the new one has an alder body, chrome pickguard, royal blue metallic sparkle finish, chrome knobs and the neck has been custom shaped how Steve has his.
I'm a Steve Harris geek so I know these things :)

The spb-3's are great pickups though, I personally prefer the SPB-1's which I have fitted in my P-Basses (including the newer 2010 Steve Harris signature) but yeah, SPB-3's are fantastic so good choice!

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009