Why become a member? ×

Programmable drive pedal

ern500evo

Hey guys, I'm after a bit of advice. I'm currently using a Ashdown Lomenzo hyperdrive pedal to add some grit to my sound, but am finding that i need varying levels for different songs. I know you can just adjust the drive/blend levels but when it's onstage and between songs it's just too much messing about. So i'm thinking of something like a Sansamp programmable BDDI so i can set the presets to the sound i need for certain songs and simply switch between. So, my question is, is there anything else that does this which i can compare it with, and also can you bypass the sansamp for when i just want my amp sound or do you just keep the blend right down for when i want clean amp signal?
Cheers

another option is the Source Audio multiwave bass distortion pro, with 6 user presets and graphic e.q.

you can dial in how much drive/clean signal and different e.q. for each preset.

pros : it is good value for money, and pairs up nicely with other pedals, and has plenty of variety.

cons : the (digital) distortion sound is not for everyone, and personally i grew out of my initial love of it, as it was a bit synthetic for me, but some people rate it.

..perhaps worth watching the demo on their website.

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1316450948' post='1378165']
Shameless plug but mine is for sale on ebay at the moment and is the deluxe version. You can bypass the tone with a single click and it's pretty clean as stated. It does low gain dirt very well but the high gain tones aren't great unless the blend control is pretty low.
[/quote]
What's the differences between the deluxe and the normal programmable BDDI?

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1316450859' post='1378163']
another option is the Source Audio multiwave bass distortion pro, with 6 user presets and graphic e.q.

you can dial in how much drive/clean signal and different e.q. for each preset.

pros : it is good value for money, and pairs up nicely with other pedals, and has plenty of variety.

cons : the (digital) distortion sound is not for everyone, and personally i grew out of my initial love of it, as it was a bit synthetic for me, but some people rate it.

..perhaps worth watching the demo on their website.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, i'll check that out.