Why become a member? ×

audere out villex in?

gafbass02

I have decided that active jazzes arent for me so im gonna pull my audere out my jazz but this will leave an extra hole on the plate as the bass is now fitted with a side mounted jack so i was thinking about the villex rotary variable mid control to fill the gap, or possibly an extra tone control so eack pickup would have one, is this do-able?
any thoughts folks?

Edited by gafbass02

In relation to wiring it up the small unit has 3 connections. The output wire to the jack socket goes to one and from another on the unit you take a wire to the jack i.e. the output runs through the unit. The third connection (the one I forgot when rebuilding my bass the 2nd time) goes to ground.

Easy peasy and very effective, the rotary unit has 4 positions the 1st being off or straight through (bypassed).

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='160689' date='Mar 20 2008, 10:48 AM']In relation to wiring it up the small unit has 3 connections. The output wire to the jack socket goes to one and from another on the unit you take a wire to the jack i.e. the output runs through the unit. The third connection (the one I forgot when rebuilding my bass the 2nd time) goes to ground.

Easy peasy and very effective, the rotary unit has 4 positions the 1st being off or straight through (bypassed).

Peter[/quote]

thanks dude, sadly i didnt understand a word!, im such a goon at this stuff

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='161381' date='Mar 21 2008, 12:41 PM']Err, buy it and follow the instructions and it's not difficult, get a friend to help etc :)

Let everyone know how you get on.[/quote]

Hi there,

I thought I'd stop by! :huh:

I'll see if I can re-phrase what GreeneKing said -

The booster has three contacts. In, Out and Ground. Take the 'hot' wire going to the 'tip' of the jack socket. Solder it to the 'In' contact of the booster instead. Connect 'Out' contact of the booster to the 'tip' contact of the jack socket, and 'Ground' to ground, and you're in business!

Tigran