Why become a member? ×

Boss Slicer alternatives?

Sibob

Not that are cheaper or smaller.

Moog Murf and Adrenalinn are the main rivals, however they are the same size (or bigger) and cost a lot more!

The only other one is the CoPilot Gyroscope, its cheaper and very small, but I'm told it totally kills low end tone and recalling settings is a nightmare and the knobs are very sensitive AND it has no tap tempo :) The Slicer is the best for size and price on an all round basis... And I'm selling mine - convenient!

Shep

[quote name='Sibob' post='1370386' date='Sep 12 2011, 01:20 PM']Shep, the Gyroscope seems to have a tap?!

[url="http://www.copilotfx.com/tapgyro.html"]http://www.copilotfx.com/tapgyro.html[/url]

Si[/quote]

Ah... It seems there are 2 versions! I'd never seen the 2 footswitch version before. That version also has an extra knob on it. The version I've seen lots of demos of does not have the tap.

Still not as useful as something that has clearly defined presets though...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1370830' date='Sep 12 2011, 06:03 PM']Ah... It seems there are 2 versions! I'd never seen the 2 footswitch version before. That version also has an extra knob on it. The version I've seen lots of demos of does not have the tap.

Still not as useful as something that has clearly defined presets though...[/quote]

I feel you might be right

Hmmm.... could I cut one in half? :)

Si

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1370891' date='Sep 12 2011, 06:55 PM']Yes - but it wouldn't work, and if it did you'd of cut the tap tempo off! Man up and buy a Slicer or Murf![/quote]

But there's no ROOOOMMMMM

Hmmmm, are you using a Murf instead of your Slicer now then?

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='1370895' date='Sep 12 2011, 06:57 PM']But there's no ROOOOMMMMM

Hmmmm, are you using a Murf instead of your Slicer now then?

Si[/quote]

Just sit I next to your board. It's non slip rubber on the bottom and robust enough!

I'm not using a murf, but am using the LFO section of my MO-201 to drive my various pedals with slow sample + hold waves to create similar effects! I am planning to add a Midi Murf one day though.

I'm a big fan of the Slicer though. I'm just determined to reduce my setup.

Shep

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1374147' date='Sep 15 2011, 10:40 AM']And reverse polarity![/quote]
Forgot about that bit :)
I have a reverse polarity cable on the daisychain for the Murf as the other 2 pedals in the chain are - tip.
All run from a Godlyke Powerall.