Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bass Floor Pod

Paul_C

Loads of people here have one. I'm doing what I hope is an objective comparrison of mine with the Korg AX3000B including some vids - see

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15379"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15379[/url]

Includes my personal likes & dislikes. Others will have differing opinions but then I've only had mine 3 weeks. Loads of threads on here about them too.

I've had one of these for a couple of months.

Its not really a multi-effects pedal in the sense of the Korg, Zoom and Boss offerings. What it offers is amp modelling with decent compression, and one or two additional effects (chorus, synth and octave).

To be honest, the effects are not much to write home about. But the modelling is very good, and the compressor is very usable too (as good as a lot of stand alone compressor pedals in my view). I tend to use mine primarilly for the compressor and tuner. The pedal is in reality the EQ and effects section of the Line 6 Lowdown amp series. If you want dozens of effects, something like the Zoom B2 will do it better at less price. Where the Line 6 scores highly is that it is, IMO, much easier to programme, and much easier to tweak presets.

If you want one or two basic effects with some reasonable amp modelling, its fine. If you want a pedal with loads of effects, you probably would be better with the Zoom, Korg, or similar.

I had a Lexicon MPX-G2 which cost me a lot of money, and I only used about three effects, often only the wah.

Before the Lexicon I had a Morley Dual Bass Wah, which I liked, and I recently tried an EBS wah,which was nice.

I reckon the POD has just enough extra on it to make it a better bet than just getting another wah, though I doubt I'll use all of the few effects it has !

Just had a quick noodle with it, off to rehearsals in a minute so I'll try it there properly.

As always with these things, there are great sounds and wacky sounds, but on the whole it looks like it'll do all I wanted from it and a bit more besides :)

• 1 month later...