Why become a member? ×

strewth needs a bassist - Salford Manchester area

Strewth

Strewth is now disbanded, :o shame because we put loads of energy and money into it, as we all know you do with a band, :( but it's onwards and upwards with a new project!

cheers Ash

We are forming a new band called Warwick (just because that is the street where we rehearse!) doing covers from stones to vinatage trouble. Just need some people with a mature attitude to rehearsing, and to have fun and to get out and gig to entertain people. It's hard work but it's worth it in the end. No big egos, but fun and achievement.
Ash

Edited by Strewth

I'm amazed that you have had no replies to this.
I would have thought there were plenty of guys who would jump at an opportunity like this.
I am in the exact opposite position to you, a bass player looking for just such a band.
Shame I'm several hundred miles away.
Best of luck in your search.

Just had a thought:maybe you've had lots of phone calls. :)

cheers Ian (12 Stringbassist) and Beely, we did get a few phone calls and now have a bassists for our band but thanks to everyone who rang, and thanks Ian for your nice words, we would also have liked you for our band but the very best of look with your new project.

thanks again
Ash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, we formed a new band and after about 3 months we split because of musical differences of opinion. We are not stopping though! Still looking for a bassist with a mature attitude. We have all the gear, a rehearsal studio, and plenty of enthusiasm. Setlist will be far ranging from Stones, Dr Feelgood, Neil Young, to Winehouse, Foos, Vintage Trouble, Miles Kane.

Anyone interested out there, anyone who can play nice bass, make suggestions - not criticisms (no big egos please :gas:, and someone who wants to have fun whilst rehearsing seriously, and to go out and entertain people?

Contact me if you are interested
Ash 07771696283 or [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]