Why become a member? ×

Profanity filter gone wrong?

mhuk

I read it as 'are we keeping the swear filter?' and made light of the question, but I see that Waldo could have meant 'opposed to the *** filter' instead.

Actually, I do prefer the **** thing too.. well, actually I prefer people to swear their heads off unchecked, so I can edit their posts and slap a great big warning on them, so they can't post any new messages Mwah ha ha ha ha!

*note to self.. less coffee Dan!!! **

There's very few people who I can see that swear regularly, but when people do I find the Cockney rhyming thing more irritating and offensive than the original words. just ****ing the BBC's top 20 swear words but be far simpler and better surely?

Edit: The [push in the truck] one irritates me particularly - it's used as an expletive (to emphasise something), but the filter turns it in to a graphic example - totally the wrong way to do it!

Edited by Alpha-Dave

[quote name='Toasted' post='24393' date='Jun 28 2007, 12:52 PM']Dood, I think waldo ment are we keeping the cockney slang and not going for the ******** out method - which is arguably more attractive and less intrusive. :)[/quote]

You win the prize :huh: That's what I meant.

[quote name='Waldo' post='24500' date='Jun 28 2007, 03:58 PM']You win the prize :) That's what I meant.[/quote]

I hope that what I thought you meant was taken in good humour then ;o)