Why become a member? ×

Bitsa P

paul h

Finally got my "back up" bitsa in a giggable state.

I found myself getting a bit bored with my main bass and rather than succumb to GAS I decided the best option was to get my spare up and running as I like it.

It's a candy apple red body from a Jim Deacon, a mint scratchplate, a jazz neck off Robocorpse, a wiring harness from KiOgon and some cheapo alnico v pickups from axes r us. I normally go for Artec but couldn't find any stock anywhere.

I've had a serious hankering for a P with a J neck for ages now and couldn't be happier with it! Can't wait until our next gig to give it a good hammering!

:)

[quote name='Pow_22' post='1362772' date='Sep 5 2011, 12:35 PM']How are you finding those pups? I had a look at them for my P bass project but havent taken the plunge yet[/quote]

I absolutely love them to be honest. And for £25 I don't think you can go wrong. Rather strangely they are shielded and potted too which I didn't expect. However pickups are really subjective so who knows what others will think.

Really pleased with the bass though. I will rehearsing with it tomorrow and all being well gigging it on Saturday!

Mind if I hijack for just a moment? :) I've finished my bitsaP too so I thought I'd share. It's an unknown body (nice chunky bit of solid wood), the gorgeous neck off my old Squier Jazz, big chunky bridge, cream pearly plate, cheapass pickup and an EMG BTS 2-band eq. It's worked out really well, better than I could have hoped -- I've shimmed the neck slightly and its got a lovely low action as a result. There's a more powerful Wilkinson pickup on its way to me in the post. At some point it'll get a J pickup at the bridge.
All I need now is an old-skool funk gig :)

(I've fitted all the plate screws since I took the pics)