Why become a member? ×

Landing Basses

deanbean502

They were popular on Talkbass a few years as a builder making half decent short scale basses. The general opinion seemed to be that if you don't expect high end boutique quality then they are quite reasonable. I don't think I've ever heard of one coming to the UK though. You could perhaps have the first!

I have a Landing L1 in my collection - --Its superb in sunburst and you can see the actual one in Pics 9 and 11 on the Landing site.

The finish Fittings and workmanship is excellent --as good as any boutique bass!!!

You are welcome to come over and try it out and judge for yourself if you are near Leeds anytime - I May even be persuaded to part with it!!!!

Will.

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='2x18' post='1361331' date='Sep 3 2011, 09:18 PM']I have a Landing L1 in my collection - --Its superb in sunburst and you can see the actual one in Pics 9 and 11 on the Landing site.

The finish Fittings and workmanship is excellent --as good as any boutique bass!!!

You are welcome to come over and try it out and judge for yourself if you are near Leeds anytime - I May even be persuaded to part with it!!!!

Will.[/quote]

Unlucky no were need leeds well around 120 miles near

Im assuming you ordered direct from landing? They are fantastic looking, not massively different but they have something about them

The price they gave me seem reasonable, although after import tax i reckon we are probably talking around the £1600 and for that sort of money il be ringing Rob at Status

Is yours active?

I bought mine from the guy who originally imported it new!! -- He was reluctant to sell!

Mine is in Excellent condition and has the EMG HB active pickups fitted ( 18volts ) and you can have it ( complete with fitted case ) for about a 1/3rd of that price!

Come over and try it out!

Will.

Edited by 2x18

Heres some photies of my Lovely 2004 -- Short Scale ( 30" ) Landing L1

[attachment=88761:Peavey_a...Bass_006.jpg][attachment=88758:Peavey_a...Bass_003.jpg][attachment=8875
9:Peavey_a...Bass_002.jpg][attachment=88760:Peavey_a...Bass_007.jpg][attachment=88762:Peavey_a...Bas
s
_004.jpg]

A real beauty isnt it!

I may consider selling her or trading for a nice Sterling!

Will.

Edited by 2x18