Why become a member? ×

Roscoe SKB3005 SOLD!

Flanker

Selling Roscoe 5 String fretted bass previously owned by Mark at BassDirect.

Great looking/sounding bass and a nice comfy weight just under 9lbs.

I really want a Roscoe but a fretless one so I need to sell this one to fund it, I would have this one defretted but have been advised not to and I don't want to spoil this great bass.

It has Nordstrand Big Singles and Audere pre. (Still have the Bart pickups too)

For Sale......UK£1200.00 inc.case
(or possibly consider a trade for a fretless up to similar value.)

Milton Keynes area.

Edited by Flanker

[quote name='Flanker' post='157710' date='Mar 14 2008, 09:08 PM']Selling Roscoe 5 String fretted bass previously owned by Mark at BassDirect.

Great looking/sounding bass and a nice comfy weight just under 9lbs.

I really want a Roscoe but a fretless one so I need to sell this one to fund it, I would have this one defretted but have been advised not to and I don't want to spoil this great bass.

It has Nordstrand Big Singles and Audere pre. (Still have the Bart pickups too)

For Sale......UK£1300.00 inc.case
(or possibly consider a trade for a fretless up to similar value.)

New Pics to follow but see Roscoe at BassDirect for Sold Basses.

Milton Keynes area.[/quote]

I know this bass.

It was originally purchased from Machine Head (shop now owned by my chum and musical compadre Dave Barlow) and I played it *lots* before it sold. In fact I wanted to buy this bass but ummed and ahhed and then eventually wasn't quick enough. I then had to wait until another came in stock - which I bought.

Give me a day or two to ponder this as I already have an SKB3005, as I said, but with totally different woods and electronics and, while I'm interested, I sold my other fiver (a Warwick FNA) coz I simply didn't need two of them.

While I ponder it, if anyone else wants to step in then please feel free - I can vouch that this is an *astonishingly* good bass.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='157962' date='Mar 15 2008, 01:38 PM']I'd love to see some pics- could be interested if I can muster some more cash[/quote]

The pups are now Nordstrands apparently - and this pic is with Bartolinis - but this is how I remember it as this is Machine Head's website promo shot...

[attachment=6474:skb3005_...tle_lg_1.jpg]

Nice innit?

[quote name='dangee' post='158114' date='Mar 15 2008, 06:51 PM']I have Eubassix's SKB that was up here recently. Great bass...really impressed. Have a bump...[/quote]

really?

The 4 string? SKB3000?

If you ever grow tired of it, give me a nod.

Hi Homer

First off the bass plays as well as any bass I've owned!

I just weighed it at 8lbs on my scales and after weighing myself at the same time they clearly overread :)

With the current Audere/Nordy setup it is more modern sounding than the typical Bart/Bart Roscoe but as a result it has a great slap tone as well as fingerstyle. The front pickup alone sounds amazingly like a real P bass. I'll sell it with the Bart pickups included if you want a darker but really fat tone.

I've just been playing it and I'm genuinely looking for a reason to keep it BUT I have a Nordy in the pipeline and I relly want a nice fretless so I just can't keep this and the FBass. Truth is I think many people would keep the Roscoe over my FBass but I have grown attached to it as you know.They are both superb basses IMO.

[quote name='Flanker' post='160255' date='Mar 19 2008, 02:23 PM']First off the bass plays as well as any bass I've owned![/quote]

+1 on that.

[quote name='Flanker' post='160255' date='Mar 19 2008, 02:23 PM']I'll sell it with the Bart pickups included if you want a darker but really fat tone.[/quote]
+ another one on that too - it really does have a huge fat sound with the Barts. (though I've never heard it with the Nordstrands) - It's a lovely instrument and if i can sell some of my basses i'll be coming after it! :huh:

Good luck with the sale steve, - though I'm not sure I really mean that! :) ;)

I want this bass!! :wacko:

Daf

For God's sake!

Will someone just buy this, please, and get it off my radar. I've just ordered a custom built ACG and can't afford anything else for a while. I *really* want this bass.

I also want my wife not to divorce me over spending too much more of our hard earned on wood and wire.

call it a bump if you want - but think of my children! Buy it before they have a broken home!

haimesy - The Overwater looks great but I'm really after a 5 string, I had a fretless 6 (Status) but couldn't get my wee hands round the neck properly! Thanks though.

Thanks Scoop

No harm in making me an offer guys - I need to move the Roscoe.

[quote name='Flanker' post='165700' date='Mar 29 2008, 07:13 AM']haimesy - The Overwater looks great but I'm really after a 5 string, I had a fretless 6 (Status) but couldn't get my wee hands round the neck properly! Thanks though.

Thanks Scoop

No harm in making me an offer guys - I need to move the Roscoe.[/quote]
No sweat ..Good luck

OK a quick bump.

Jetting off West on holiday for a couple of weeks but if you are interested in the bass I'll still be checking the website every now and then. (ie probably every five minutes!!)

Mark Stickley at BassDirect knows all about this bass as he previously owned it, plus he'll probably end up getting most of the proceeds in any event. :)

• 2 weeks later...