Why become a member? ×

Affiliates Market

BottomEndian

[quote name='ped' post='1361911' date='Sep 4 2011, 04:59 PM']It's been like that for a while now, certainly a long time before I locked and re-opened it.[/quote]
Oh, OK. So it's intentional?

If so, can I ask why? I like being able to keep up with build threads, new designs and all that stuff, but I don't necessarily want to subscribe to all the threads and have my inbox overflowing with notifications.

I'm addicted enough as it is. :)

It's the only limitation I was able to put on the area; I wasn't able to put some sort of limit on the number of posts that affiliates could make (to stop some people taking the piss) and as it turns out it's worked well as it is.

The new version of the site which I have recently been previewing will have the ability to 'subscribe' to threads so it'll be far easier to manage, they appear like facebook notifications rather than emails.

I would like to keep the affiliates area but I can't justify making is wholly visible in the 'new posts' area for free as it would undermine our paying sponsors who we really need at the moment whilst we're upgrading. Initially I hoped was that the affiliates forum would lead to donations from the companies but this hasn't worked, hence the change.

Hope that makes sense...

[quote name='ped' post='1363247' date='Sep 5 2011, 06:54 PM']It's the only limitation I was able to put on the area; I wasn't able to put some sort of limit on the number of posts that affiliates could make (to stop some people taking the piss) and as it turns out it's worked well as it is.

The new version of the site which I have recently been previewing will have the ability to 'subscribe' to threads so it'll be far easier to manage, they appear like facebook notifications rather than emails.

I would like to keep the affiliates area but I can't justify making is wholly visible in the 'new posts' area for free as it would undermine our paying sponsors who we really need at the moment whilst we're upgrading. Initially I hoped was that the affiliates forum would lead to donations from the companies but this hasn't worked, hence the change.

Hope that makes sense...[/quote]
Ta for the explanation! When's the new version of the site expected to hit our screens?

I think it's going to be ready for final testing this week, hopefully. We'll probably leave the old one running and let people 'preview' the new site for a little bit before switching over so people can get used to it and we can take feedback. Should be really nice, I'm very excited!

Cheers
ped