Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

just saying hello

ceilidhswinger

Hello folks,

Been playing in bands for about 30 odd years or so, my Dad was a professional singer/ double bass player so it seemed like a natural thing for me to go into the music business, started off on guitar but the move to bass was calling, Started off in pubs and Clubs playing covers, learning my craft and all the time, listening to my Dad's music which was a mixture of Jazz,show tunes and Traditional Scottish music, I was also just married with a young kid and as it happens my Wife's Father was a Jazz trumpet player so music was always going on in some shape or form, family parties were always great fun. I n those days I played with anybody I could, not just for the money but to learn other styles and master my instrument and tune my ear, I played with old guys in Country bands, folk duos, Rock bands, Pop bands and jazzers, I depped with anybody I could answering local adds for musicians, you could say I was a musical prostitute. It was great fun in those days and if I was ever caught out and didn't know a particular song or style when depping with a group I used to get annoyed with myself and so made a mental note to learn the changes or familiarise myself with that song or style of music and hopefully never be caught out again. Nowadays I am the Double bass player/singer with Gypsy Jazzers Havana Swing and have 2 CD's (Django Ecossaisand Django's Lion)under our belt, we formed in 1986 and are still going strong. Check out Spotify to listen to 'Django's Lion' www.havanaswing.com I am also the singer/bass guitarist in The Cutting Edge Ceilidh a band of great guys, we play functions Ceilidh's concerts and for ex-pats all over the world. www.cuttingedgeband.com

I have 3 Double basses my Dad's old 1899 Scottish flat backed DB, My blond 3/4 French DBass and a 1/4 size 1910 Czech Double bass. I also have a Palatino EUB which is fun. I play a American Fender Jazz bass with Ceilidh band and enoy my Washburn AB10

Amps are GK MB150S and Trace Elliot GP12SMX

• 2 weeks later...