Why become a member? ×

Manchester Bass Day 06/11/11

daz

[quote name='Chlo_treacher' timestamp='1320325138' post='1425301']
Im going to be hanging around the ibass stand helping nick wells out with that if you guys who are going want to come and say hi! bit excited, plus im being featured in the first issue! hurraaaay xx
[/quote]

Hey Chloe! - Facebook has kept on suggesting you as a friend, but for the life of me couldn't remember why the name looked familiar!! Now I know!! - I'm probably not heading up to the show, but I'll give Nick a buzz at some point throughout to see how things are going. Send him my best wishes!

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1320363560' post='1426052']Ah Dood, its a shame you are not going. You were the only one from Basschat that I recognized at last years Manchester bass day. I would have come up and said 'Hi' this year. :)[/quote]

Ahhhhh Daz! Sorry fella! I have to admit, the one thing I do enjoy about bass shows is meeting my fellow BCers! I'll be a bit sad not to be doing that this year.

Just got in from it.

It's been an awesome day, had some nice comments after my playing so that's always great to hear.

Marcus Miller was an absolute gent. Stayed behind for almost an hour to get photos, signatures & just general chatting with the audience.

Scott Devine, what a another top bloke. Had a great chat with him & was nice seeing him in the flesh rather than on youtube.

Bernhard Lackier was a really down to earth & nice guy. Was very grateful for all the comments he was getting.

Pat Illingworths drumming with Marcus was fantastic, no rehearsals & just got up and played off each other, it was great to watch.

Didn't get chance to watch Jah Wobble or Clutterbuck but neithers really my thing so not too worried i missed out.

But all in all, a great day :)

Having been to bass day for the last 4 years I think it's a real shame that the venue chaged this year. Whilst the performers were good I simply couldn't stand up for 8 hours between the start of the day and the end so had to leave before Marcus Miller. The atmospherem also didn't feel the same to me. If it's at the same venue next year I'll give it a miss and go to the London show instead which is a shame as this one is in the north West.

Just got back, great day. Marcus was fantastic and Pat Ilingworth a great job on kit. Really Enjoyed Scotts talk and playing.

The EAD cabs were amazing and I enjoyed meeting Dave. I think his cabs are incredible.
Alan on ACG is also a gent and I loved playing his bass.

Thanks to Stevie for another great year!