Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD Ovation EAB68 electro acoustic & hard case

Beedster

I offered this a few weeks back but the buyer has just pulled out rather late in the day :)

Ovation EAB68 Viper Bass 1995

I need to pay for a new Mark Bass combo so I can't really afford to hold onto this for too long before I ebay it (which will be at a higher price I imagine). I can't find anything on original retail price (it's a discontinued line) but 6 string versions retail around £1000. Sorry about the pics, they're the old ones and not only that, they seem to have shrunk (unless I'm doing something wrong IT-wise). I should be getting my camera back at the weekend so will get some new pics then.

This is the page on the Ovations website

[url="http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=buyitnowonline&mid=1378"]http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=buyitnow...ne&mid=1378[/url]

I bought this on a whim after thoroughly enjoying an unplugged eveing with a couple of guitarists. I also needed a bass to take on the road now I'm travelling more. However, the acoustic group hasn't got together since and it's not really geting any action on the road. Furthermore, it's got 24 frets and is confusing the hell out of my fingers (and my brain) when I switch back to my 20 fret Precisions, especially the fretless ones :huh: .

I don't know much about the model per se, but I understand it is aimed at gigging musicians who want a reliable bass with an acoustic tone but an electric feel. That is, it's extremely easy to play both sitting and standing, balances really well, has very good electronics and is built like a tank (it is not actually hollow but has a series of mahogany chambers which, I guess, drive the rather sexy tone.

I got this at a very good price so am seliing it at one also. £400 inc hard case and case candy. Pretty much imaculate condition.

Collection only from Milton Keynes, very close to M1.

Some pics in post below

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='157031' date='Mar 13 2008, 09:31 PM']That's a beautiful instrument... looking forward to some pics. :)[/quote]

Don't suppose you fancy popping down to MK and taking a few do you!
Chris

Just took these on my phone. Still pretyy crap but bigger! As promised, better pics will follow...

[attachment=6503:PIC_0024.jpg][attachment=6505:PIC_0026.jpg][attachment=6504:PIC_0025.jpg]

Not sure I want to sell it really :)

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='paul, the' post='157142' date='Mar 14 2008, 02:32 AM']drat! You're so far away. I think an acoustic is definitely something that requires playing first.

Are you going to the bassbash? I don't think I will be, but this could swing it.

What strings are on it currently?[/quote]

Hi Paul
It's strung with D'Addarrio rounds at present but I'll probably put back on the original bronze strings. It sounds rather sexy with flats also depening on what type of sound you're after. I thought this had sold and had accounted for it when I bought my new Mark Bass amp so need to sell it quickly. Unfortunately I'll have tio ebay it at the weekend if it doesn't sell here first.
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='paul, the' post='157142' date='Mar 14 2008, 02:32 AM']drat! You're so far away. I think an acoustic is definitely something that requires playing first.

Are you going to the bassbash? I don't think I will be, but this could swing it.

What strings are on it currently?[/quote]

Hi Paul
I'll be travelling to Poole to colect my new ampo next weekend if that's of any help?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='158109' date='Mar 15 2008, 06:38 PM']Final bump before Ebay[/quote]

How deep is the bowl back?

I fancy an acoustic just for noodling around at home really so would probably play it most often just sitting on a sofa!

I also know a couple of guitarists who play acoustic so could maybe use it for jamming with them.

[quote name='molan' post='158521' date='Mar 16 2008, 07:27 PM']How deep is the bowl back?

I fancy an acoustic just for noodling around at home really so would probably play it most often just sitting on a sofa!

I also know a couple of guitarists who play acoustic so could maybe use it for jamming with them.[/quote]

Hi molan
It has a shallow bowl, very playable even on the comfiest of sofas, see pics below

[attachment=6533:PIC_0033.jpg]

[attachment=6534:PIC_0034.jpg]

[quote name='Beedster' post='158528' date='Mar 16 2008, 07:36 PM']Hi molan
It has a shallow bowl, very playable even on the comfiest of sofas, see pics below[/quote]

Or like this :)

PM on its way!

Edited by molan

[quote name='The Burpster' post='158613' date='Mar 16 2008, 09:36 PM']Sold to the waster previously mentioned.......

ME....! :huh:[/quote]

In a strangely karmic way, given that Bob PM'd me pretty much the day I bought the Ovation and said he wanted it, he now has it. Apologies to the several other guys who were interested. If I know BC, it'll be back around agaibn soon :)
Chris

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='158632' date='Mar 16 2008, 09:57 PM']Now that's what I call a happy ending ;)[/quote]

Fortunately not in that Phillipino ladyboy way.... :huh:

more in a "got my 5hit togheter kinda way!" :huh:

Funny thing GAS..... :)

As for being around again soon, I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you ;)

However the Ibanez is now up for grabs!