Why become a member? ×

Akai Deep Impact repairs

Kiwi

I figured out the patch for "I Feel Love" over the weekend. Basically I used a square wave LFO to control the volume using Guitar Rig Kontrol on my laptop. However for me to replicate the same setup with my MPXG2, I need a tone generator. While I could look at the offerings including the EHX Micro Synth and Chunk Octavius Squeezer, however I'm also mindful that my trusty Deep Impact pedal is lying in a drawer after one too many repairs to tracks on the PCB around the power socket.

I was always fond of this pedal and I'd love to get it up and running again but last time I looked, Akai weren't doing any repairs or offering parts. I did also approach the distributors in the UK before I left and they couldn't help either.

Could anyone please advise whether this situation has changed in the last 2 years?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1347875' date='Aug 22 2011, 11:53 AM']I figured out the patch for "I Feel Love" over the weekend. Basically I used a square wave LFO to control the volume using Guitar Rig Kontrol on my laptop. However for me to replicate the same setup with my MPXG2, I need a tone generator. While I could look at the offerings including the EHX Micro Synth and Chunk Octavius Squeezer, however I'm also mindful that my trusty Deep Impact pedal is lying in a drawer after one too many repairs to tracks on the PCB around the power socket.

I was always fond of this pedal and I'd love to get it up and running again but last time I looked, Akai weren't doing any repairs or offering parts. I did also approach the distributors in the UK before I left and they couldn't help either.

Could anyone please advise whether this situation has changed in the last 2 years?[/quote]

None as yet..... How much do you want for the dodgy SB-1 ?

:)

Awesome, I've also found a bloke here who has offered to take a look at it. I've discussed getting a replacement PCB made and reinstalling all the original components just because I'm fed up with the pedal breaking down on me and the tracks can't really take much more soldering as they're starting to break after being lifted. I'd prefer the problem is fixed as well as repaired. Maybe that will involve soldering insulated wire between the power socked and the damaged PCB rather than direct mounting.

Well there's a spot of good news on this. Turns out the Deep Impact doesn't need repairs for now. Plus I figured out a patch that gives me the bass part to Donna Summers 'I Feel Love' on my MPXG2 using a LFO controller on a volume pedal patch. Woooo! :)