Why become a member? ×

Feeler, brand new Geddy may swap... story within

gafbass02

Ok this is a VERY tentative feeler as i dont even have the bass yet!!

Due to a long and sad story i no longer have my KSD (see talkbass for details!) and am awaiting by way of replacement a brand new from the factory Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass, which ill end up hugely overpaying on but hey thats the cost of being a big soft get and supporting your local music store - bummer.

So the bass will be literally, totally brand new, most likely an '08 .
Now the problem is i really dont like black basses!, im just a tad limited on what i can get from the store, and the Geddy seemed the most solid choice!

So unless its breathtakingly good enough for me to change the preference of a lifetime when it arrives (like the black sparkle ray in my avatar!) someone could be looking at a [i]very[/i] nice deal!

Id be interested in a straight swap (no cash my end) or a swap with possible cash adjustment (to me) for:

a MIJ '75 reissue in natural ash with maple board and pearl block markers (good condition, fully functional truss rod etc)

[i]Possibly[/i] interested in other stuff, status etc, whatever, but good nick and [b]Fully functional[/b]
but only four strings por favor!

Please [u]PM[/u] me if you have any offers or ideas, ill let you all know when the bass arrives, and what the score is but im 90 percent sure id prefer a natural body on a 70s style jazz.
Im into jazzes, not p-basses unless 70's and usually prefer fendery stuff but im open to ideas.

sorry for the weirdness! i may end up keeping or just selling for cash, but its due in about 12-14 days

Edited by gafbass02

Yeah, i just find em dull, even my sparkle ray, but the dael was so igood i just grabbed it irrespective of colour!
Stonecold, i checked out the 'ray, looks great, so many thanks for the offer, but ive decided its juts not quite for me.

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' post='157163' date='Mar 14 2008, 07:54 AM']ive decided it would def be the natural / maple / pearl block, 75 reissue id be after, not that im likely to find one![/quote]

Well, there's one on ebay at the moment! (Seller is in Bristol.)

Also, you can still buy used stock from Ishibashi, and they had a few of these in recently. You just need to check every day as they come and go quite fast.

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 1 month later...