Why become a member? ×

Calling RH450 owners

Guest bassman7755

Guest bassman7755

Just taken delivery of one of these and am wondering if mine is faulty - I cant seem to get a completely clean sound out of it, even with the tube tone on 0 and the gain backed off there is some "grit" to bottom end. Of course I didnt buy it to get a clean sound but it would be nice to know if this is normal behaviour for these amps. Have A/B-ed with my shuttle 6 so I know its not the bass.

Edited by bassman7755

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='markstuk' post='1346506' date='Aug 20 2011, 04:55 PM']Make sure the input overload is not coming on (which I'm sure you have) and also that the preset input level (SHIFT TUBETONE) is not set too high (normally it's set too low!) ... My RH450 is completely clean....[/quote]

Yeah pretty sure I'm not doing anything dumb :) , FYI according to the schematic in the manual the preset level is right before the power section. No matter how low I take the gain I still get a slight "fizz" on the bottom end ...

[quote name='bassman7755' post='1346556' date='Aug 20 2011, 05:50 PM']Yeah pretty sure I'm not doing anything dumb :) , FYI according to the schematic in the manual the preset level is right before the power section. No matter how low I take the gain I still get a slight "fizz" on the bottom end ...[/quote]

Check the batteries on your bass if its active.....??

I have had low level distortion when the batteries are about to die......worth checking out ???

Dave

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1347767' date='Aug 22 2011, 09:10 AM']Do a factory reset, just in case.[/quote]

Thanks, I will give that a go.