Why become a member? ×

SOLD: BC Rich Mockingbird Heritage Bass (thru-neck) £235 ono

robocorpse

SOLD, THANKS!

Hi all!
Bought this as a backup for my Thunderbirds, set it up, and never got round to using it after rapidly departing from said band!
The original sale thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86598"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86598[/url]
Bass has been played twice since then, and lived indoors.
I have reused one of the pictures from the original thread, hope Thom doesn't mind :)
Bass is in West London, but could be picked up from Central or South by arrangement.
Looking for £235 ono.

Edited by robocorpse

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1348225' date='Aug 22 2011, 06:21 PM']Wow, that's my old Mockingbird. What the f*ck has happened to it? Looks like someone used it to clean out a scrap yard :)[/quote]

:)

Looks pristine to me.

I used to have one of these, excellent basses and unique growly sound. You can see why Entwistle was so enamoured of that pickup arrangement!

To be fair, it has 2 very nasty bashes on it, one on the bottom point near the controls thats down to wood. Photo link in original post leads to good closeups of the dinks.
I think I have priced it VERY fairly though. It plays really nicely despite the usual BCRich neck angle issues, and if I had more time, I would do the bridge rout mod and get it absolutely gnats-wing on the 12th fret :)
First offer of 220 takes it, it's not actually THAT metal, it has the metal shape, but the trans finish and curly maple just oozes class...

[quote name='robocorpse' post='1349626' date='Aug 23 2011, 10:27 PM']To be fair, it has 2 very nasty bashes on it, one on the bottom point near the controls thats down to wood. Photo link in original post leads to good closeups of the dinks.
I think I have priced it VERY fairly though. It plays really nicely despite the usual BCRich neck angle issues, and if I had more time, I would do the bridge rout mod and get it absolutely gnats-wing on the 12th fret :)
First offer of 220 takes it, it's not actually THAT metal, it has the metal shape, but the trans finish and curly maple just oozes class...[/quote]

Oh yeah. Didn't look at the old thread.
Still a bargain. :)

Lovely bass, it sounded awesome. The paint job is very classy too. I don't know what happened to it, I assumed someone used it as a cricket bat or something but it was before my time with it.

It says in my original post, but I'll repeat here. The damage is purely cosmetic, it's chunks out of the body. When it left me, the neck was in brilliant condition (minus needing a set up), not a mark on it!

• 2 weeks later...