Why become a member? ×

SGC Nanyo Bass Collection - WITH ACG PREAMP!!

aldude

Looking to buy another bass on here, so for sale is my beloved SGC Nanyo Bass Collection 4-string. Sparkly silver colour! [s]Which I have not seen on any other Bass Collection so far.[/s] Actually I have now seen it on one other Bass Collection - pretty rare though.

I've had this bass for 17 years, and I have always taken good care of it. It's had very little use in the last decade! Everything is original, including the SGC Nanyo pickups, except that I have replaced the preamp with an ACG filter preamp. I'm passing it on just because I don't use it hardly at all and it's a great bass.

Condition is pretty good for its age, though there are a couple of chips out of the finish here and there, nothing major. Currently strung with DR Neon strings (green!), which looks better than you might expect against the silver.

Looking for [s]£400[/s] [s]£350[/s] [s]£300[/s] [b]£250![/b] for this. That's just over the price of the preamp alone! No trades thanks as I have my mind on something particular to replace it with.

I think this is a SB310. The serial no is 912392, so this was made in 1991. I have tried to show all of the marks in the finish in the pics.

Edited by aldude

[quote name='aldude' post='1344031' date='Aug 18 2011, 09:04 AM']Looking to buy another bass on here, so for sale is my beloved SGC Nanyo Bass Collection 4-string. Sparkly silver colour!

I've had this bass for 16 years, and it's seen plenty of action, though I have always taken good care of it. Everything is original, including the SGC Nanyo PJ pickups, except that I have replaced the preamp with an ACG one, costing about £190, just a few months ago but I have played the bass little since then having bought a lovely Ibanez SR.

Condition is pretty good for its age, though there are a couple of chips out of the paintwork here and there, nothing major. Currently strung with DR Neon strings (green)!

Looking for £400 for this because of the awesome preamp. No trades, thanks, as I have my eye on something particular.

Not entirely sure what model this is, but it's probably an SB310. The serial no. in the cavity is on a sticker which is hard to see from the angle in the pic. The serial no is 912392, so this was made in 1991. I have tried to show all of the marks in the paint in the pics![/quote]
Good luck with the sale mate
I have the passive version on here for £150 but after one timewaster have had
no other interest. Great basses for little money. Far better than a Squire and real wood
not ply or basswood sh*te. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got 2 Bass Collections (a 315 and a 320 fretless) and used to own a passive 301 that I bought new in the 90's and gigged with at Uni. Fantastically playable, lovely sound and weight next to nowt.Good luck with the sale, I'm sure the buyer won't be disappointed!

• 1 month later...

I have an original Tune Bassmaniac and if this is similar, it's a great bass. I however think that with that preamp, sound samples are a must!!

I actually think that, in the current market situation, sound samples and some basic data (nut width, string spacing...) would help a lot potential buyers decide - I personally feel that having to ask for that every time irritates the seller so sometimes I just pass... :-(

[quote name='juliusmonk' timestamp='1339418362' post='1688088']
I have an original Tune Bassmaniac and if this is similar, it's a great bass. I however think that with that preamp, sound samples are a must!!

I actually think that, in the current market situation, sound samples and some basic data (nut width, string spacing...) would help a lot potential buyers decide - I personally feel that having to ask for that every time irritates the seller so sometimes I just pass... :-(
[/quote]
but equally a lot of folk, on here at least, know what things sound like, and the SGC Nanyo's are well known enough that there are thread after thread telling people what they sound and feel like. Also not everyone has the ability to record samples, even ACG themselves don't have sound samples on their site- just links to other people's samples.

I see your point. It is just a personal observation, in case it could help sales. I know that sound samples are not an ultimate deciding factor, but I have tried enough basses to know that 85% (at least!) of the instruments are not comfortable or too dark sounding, or too brittle, etc. You never know until you have it in your hands, but if at least the specs are close to what you want, and you hear it, it helps maximise the odds...much more important imho than knowing if it has a ding here or there!

Bump for price drop... unfortunately I don't have the facilities to record any samples but the ACG filter preamp is well known on here and can give you pretty much any sound imaginable, and along with the PJ pickups should pretty much cover all bases (ha ha!).

• 2 weeks later...