Why become a member? ×

MarkBass CMD112H - What speaker is it?

Linus27

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1342948' date='Aug 17 2011, 11:52 AM']I believe its exactly the same as the Traveler cabinet. The NY121 may be the same, but the recent 2x12s are different.

Are you looking for an extension cabinet?[/quote]

Thanks Gareth. I am looking at a rig for bigger gigs. The combo is great for most of the work I do but there may be a possibility that I may need to do some bigger gigs. I cuurently have a Shuttle 9 and two GS112 cabs. As I love the MarkBass gear I am going to get a a LMIII and I would quite like the same speakers (not 100% sure yet) that are in my combo. At least find out as a starting point. So maybe a LMIII and two Traveller 112 cabs.

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' post='1344555' date='Aug 18 2011, 04:22 PM']I think the 12" driver NY121 is the same but the tweeter will be different to the one in the 121H combo[/quote]

Ok thanks. The tweeter can't be adjusted in the 121H combo. Can it be adjusted in the NY121?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1345300' date='Aug 19 2011, 11:57 AM']None of the combos have a tweeter control, but I think all of seperate cabinets do.

I would like a very small light 1x12 for my current band, but no idea if ill actually go for it. At the moment, the PA monitors do the same thing if I use a DI pedal.[/quote]

Ok cool, thank you. I would not say the CMD112H is small or light although compared to what combo's used to be then it is :) If you want small then maybe a Club or NY 12" and a seperate head would be better.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1345308' date='Aug 19 2011, 12:04 PM']Agreed. Usually I think things look small, then I order one, and its larger than I expected and defeats the object.

My RS210 is quite small (ish) so I think the Club cabs or NY cabs would be my best bet.[/quote]

Yes and why I might go for two traveller cabs as they are a bit bigger and more in line with the size of my Aggy GS112 which they would replace. For small gigs then the combo would be fine.