Why become a member? ×

Pups - Lakky DJ5

martthebass

Well, when I bought my DJ5 it was advertised as coming with Aero pups. According to the 'wise' on TB, these were changed to Lakland OEM recently. Mine is a 2007 build according to the serial, anyone know which pups it's likely to have (there are no distinguishing marks on the covers).

That's the anal bit done with - on a more objective side, anyone know the sonic differences between the two types, one better than the other etc? I recall a guy on TB saying that the Aeros in the DJ5 were pants in comparison with the DJ4 aeros, who knows? Personally, I've no issue, they sound fine to me - not felt the need to JRetro or Audere, guess I'm not too fussy, just curious,

Cheers, Mart

I have Aero's in my DJ4, and I love them. I have the J-Retro Pre, but I've been using the bass in Passive mode quite alot recently, and I think the pickups sound awesome - Not sure about the differences between the 4 and 5 models as you say, but just thought I'd throw my opinion on the 4's out there :)

Good luck finding out what they are!