Why become a member? ×

badass annoyance!

SkinnyMike

So im about to adjust my bridge as the action was not as perfect as i know i could get it and to my suprise the screw which adjusts the A string is missing completely. Including the spring.

Now at 1st i though it might have just fallen off whilst i was jamming in my room but after a good 30mins look around it definatly seams its not here.

This is proably a stupid question but does anyone have a spare screw and spring or know where i can get an exact replacement? Maybe B&Q or something like that?

thanks
mike

Try to locate a local hardware or fixings supplier - Try the yellow pages or a net search site.
Take another screw out to compare. If they're any good, they'll be able to match it quite easily.
As for the spring, that'll probably be a guitar shop or luthier job. I struggled to get them anywhere else...

Forming a good relationship with a Hardware shop can be a good idea.
So far, they've had imperial allen keys for my MIA Jazz, replacement pickguard screws and Just the right length M6 bolts to help hang my TV on the wall...

Thanks for the replys guys,

Sorry i wasnt so clear before. I was quite tired from a hard day yesterday and forgot to mention that its the intonation screw on the A string.

Il take another screw to a hardware supplier for a replacement although thinking about it, it looks like all the screws and springs could do with replacing