Why become a member? ×

Moog Taurus II Bass Pedals now traded thanks for your interest!

ash

I'm putting out a feeler to gain any interest on an original set of Moog Taurus II Bass pedals dating from around 1981. These pedals are fully working and fully analog with all the low end fattness associated with the Moog synth. The pedals are essentially a Moog Rogue specially tuned to the lower octaves and a set of Moog pedals (see pic), they are non midi of course! Purpose built for bass use and pretty rare in this condition. The module sits either on top of the pedals or on a (rather wobbly) metal pole screwed into the top of the unit. The pedals come with original PSU, connection cable, steel pole, carrying sling and custom made (incredibly heavy) flight case. There is also - incredibly - the original sales invoice, user manual and overlays with suggested settings! Prior to me owning the pedls they were owned by a Genesis tribute band as there are some settings on the overlays marked 'Squonk', 'Suppers Ready' etc. I've tried them and they are pretty authentic. They sound fantastic and are in good cosmetic condition showing minor gig wear, stickers have been placed on the pedals to help with the notes! Minor issues are damage to the screw-in section to the steel pole and the PSU jack is a little loose but works as it should. There is loads of info about these on the net, the Taurus II have often been seen as a poor second to the Taurus 1s - having played both I feel they have their own merits (haven't tried the Taurus 3s yet) and are equally valid. These pedals have incredible warmth and killer bass great for all kinds of music not just prog! I'm adding a stock picture and will upload some pics of the set for sale if there is any interest. Price wise I'd be looking at 750 ish. Obviously its difficult to gauge their worth as I guess they are a bit of a niche instrument. These are for pickup only as they are really and I mean [i]really[/i] heavy.

[attachment=86632:taurus2.jpg]

[attachment=86633:_B6E7Zd_...8nQQ___3.JPG]

Edited by ash

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1335677' date='Aug 10 2011, 08:51 PM']I was really hoping that the pole extended from within the pedals! :)

I wish I had some spare money just now, there's a few things on here now that I'd love (including these).[/quote]

What like a radio antenna? That would be fantastic :) but sadly not its just an ordinary steel pole with a screw bit on the end, I never trusted it so I use a small keyboard stand to get it to operational ie waist level. Works for me. These are BIG pedals!

[quote name='drewk_ie' post='1337308' date='Aug 12 2011, 09:58 AM']Hi Ash,

Interested in a trade for a MM fretless Ray 1990 immaculate condition, I'd love a set of these...?

Cheers

Andrew[/quote]

Not a fretless but your sabre would be a tempter!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1340167' date='Aug 14 2011, 11:10 PM']If you fancy either of the basses in my signature and fancy chucking £500 on top... You have a deal! :)

Otherwise... Bump for an AWESOME bit of kit (and Synth history!)[/quote]

Unfortunately my spare :) cash is tied up elsewhere on the forum but thanks for the offer! Yes these are fantastic pedals, I have some interest so I'm hoping I don't have to resort to the 'bay.....