Why become a member? ×

Hi guys

Zeuhl

Hi everyone,

Yet another Frenchman... :) I've been playing bass for years but when I came to Scotland about four years ago, I didn't take my instrument with me so it's been years I have not practiced. I'm planning on bringing it here during my next trip to my family's because I really miss playing on it.

My bass is a Tune SWV-5 and I'm more than happy with it. I am looking for a tube head at the moment, (I would favor a Mesa Walkabout so if anyone has got one for sale, please let me know !). I only play with fingers, no pick, no slap.

I used to listened to a lot of metal (heavy and trash) and I have played in several bands when I was living in France. I am still hooked on metal but I also listen to a lot of prog rock (I have been a huge fan of Magma since I'm 11 yo - I'm 32 now-), folk music and I am very found of classical music too (especially the Romantics but also the Minimalists). My favorite bass players are: Joey DeMaio, Cliff Burton, Steve Harris, John Paul Jones, Jannick Top and, believe it or not... Jo Bench from Bolt Thrower (yep !)

[quote name='joe_bass' post='1330925' date='Aug 7 2011, 01:43 PM']Hey :)

Interesting bass![/quote]

Hi Joe,

Yes, it's pretty good (and expensive too after paying the import tax...). The wood work is really nice (mine is made of padouk and mahogany), thin neck, very smooth fingerboard and varnish, but the pitch between the strings is quite wide which is good for slapping but makes fast finger-playing a bit more difficult.