Why become a member? ×

Absolute 'Squier CV Test Day' fail

Musicman20

I went back to Newcastle for a weekend away from the norm, and I thought I check out:

A) Golf clubs

B ) Squiers

Ive sold off all my cheap backups so I wanted to see if the Squier CV basses were worth the price tag.

Unfortunately, all the stores I went in were either packed, or didnt have the CV 60s P.

Soundslive did have the pine 50s P, and it does look great, but unfortunately the store had two guys from EBMM demonstrating the guitars, (not basses).

I had no chance of trying one out with loads of guitarists shredding as fast as they could.

Alas, yet again I have not tried one out.

Fortunately, I learnt a lot about Golf Clubs, so Im quite happy about that.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1322114' date='Jul 31 2011, 01:08 PM']Arrange collection at mine of my 2 CV's and you can borrow them both for a month. Got a friend driving to London regularly? Problem solved.[/quote]

Thats a very generous offer you are making to Musicman20.

Kudos to you Sir.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1322114' date='Jul 31 2011, 01:08 PM']Arrange collection at mine of my 2 CV's and you can borrow them both for a month. Got a friend driving to London regularly? Problem solved.[/quote]

GW - That's amazingly kind of you, thanks. I used to have a friend who worked between here and London, but alas he engineering work is busier up here so unfortunately, and to his annoyance, he had to move back.

I'll see if there are any others willing to help out.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've tried the CV Jazz and as a Jazz bass owner and fan it's definitely a good un! The sound, playability and build are excellent and definitely up to the standard of a MIJ/CIJ bass. I've tried the red CV Precision too and the build was great also. The neck was quite shallow for a Precision which adds to the playability but I couldn't give much of an opinion on the sound as I was playing through a 4x10 hartke combo which was pretty naff.
I definitely think they are great basses and there's a CV Jazz on this very forum for £160 which is a total bargain! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=148265&hl=classic+vibe+jazz"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...assic+vibe+jazz[/url]