Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Jack Casady Gold Top + Hard case *SOLD* Pending

dan2112

For sale is my Epiphone Jack Casady. I've had this for a month or so and selling due to a recent precision bass purchase and not having enough space in my new poxy little house! Epiphone say:
Maple body
Mahogany block under bridge
Set maple neck
Rosewood fretboard
Low-impedance JCB-1 humbucker
VariTone control
Volume and tone controls
Pearloid trapezoid inlays
Body binding
Jack Casady headstock signature

This bass really sings when strung with flatwounds (currently strung witbh d'adario chromes) and the varitone selector is a very useful feature with three quite distinct sounds. To me, the bass sounds like a big sounding precision bass. Cosmetically, there are a few marks which I will picture. Included is a hard case which is basically a big rectangle box (which I will also picture). I'm looking for £430 for the bass + flightcase (o.n.o). Postage will be around £10-15 or collection from cardiff but will consider delivery within a reasonable distance. Any questions or sound recordings? Just ask :)

Dan
[attachment=85464:epi8.jpg]
[attachment=85463:epi7.jpg]
[attachment=85462:epi6.jpg]
[attachment=85461:epi5.jpg]
[attachment=85458:epi2.jpg]
[attachment=85459:epi3.jpg]
[attachment=85460:epi4.jpg]
[attachment=85457:epi_1.JPG]

Edited by dan2112

I played an epiphone les paul bass a recently that I loved the feel of, and I'm thinking this would maybe feel similar - very tempted but it's so difficult to know without trying it!

Would you describe it as being farily easy to play i.e. fast enough neck? (mind you if your selling it I'm sure you would haha!)

[quote name='Frusty' post='1320411' date='Jul 29 2011, 01:27 PM']I played an epiphone les paul bass a recently that I loved the feel of, and I'm thinking this would maybe feel similar - very tempted but it's so difficult to know without trying it!

Would you describe it as being farily easy to play i.e. fast enough neck? (mind you if your selling it I'm sure you would haha!)[/quote]

I've got the exact same bass, and the neck definitely feels fast to me. It's quite a slim neck on these, and they're lovely to play.