Why become a member? ×

John Entwistle's Status Buzzard 1 FOR SALE

garethox

Perhaps you should keep it and offer sessions on it. £100 a day in local rehearsal studio or fully insured rental. Id hire it for some studio work. A few issues to look into but if Nick Mason can rent out £2000000 Ferraris it surely must be viable.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='1313686' date='Jul 23 2011, 11:55 AM']You would probably have less chance of going into negative equity with this as well...[/quote]

For sure! A top up on the mortgage is always an option.... just say it's for a kitchen! :)

[quote name='garethox' post='1313652' date='Jul 23 2011, 11:19 AM']I know Andrea (the guy in Italy). He is a collector who has numerous rare instruments - Alembic Spyder etc etc. Good guy who takes care of his gear.

Why? Simple really. I always said I was passing through the Buzzard's life and I have for two years. My girls are getting older and the money can be put to very good use elsewhere. I am definately not bored of how she looks or plays, it is quite simply the greatest bass I have ever played and the fact it was The Ox's is a huge thrill every time I pick her up.[/quote]

Ah makes sense!

Gareth is great guy so anyone looking at this considering it, he is a real gentleman to deal with, and you will be getting a well loved and cared for instrument!

[quote name='uke' post='1315274' date='Jul 24 2011, 11:15 PM']Re: Frankenstein, I saved this photo from the Sothebys catalogue! Went for £62400! if only.... :)[attachment=85587:frankenstien_62400.jpg][/quote]

See.... this one is a bargain and on another planet when it comes to spec!

Still available folks........

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='garethox' post='1313652' date='Jul 23 2011, 11:19 AM']. I am definately not bored of how she looks or plays, it is quite simply the greatest bass I have ever played and the fact it was The Ox's is a huge thrill every time I pick her up.[/quote]

I think you should hang on to it. There are few basses that can be considered utterly unique and irreplacable, and you've got one there.