Why become a member? ×

FS Laney Theatre 9150 150w mono 3u power amp on eBay

Beedster

This has been the backup for my Mesa Strategy but I've never had cause to use it in anger. However, it works well, and with a decent pre driving it, sounds pretty huge (the guys I bought it from says that it was optimised for bass, I have no idea if that's true, but it does the job). Can't find much online about these, so if anyone has any info, please feel free to add below

C

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1312217' date='Jul 21 2011, 11:45 PM']Shouldn't this be in the for sale section?[/quote]

Damn, too little sleep recently! Cheers BM98

Edited by Beedster

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1326563132' post='1498940']
Do you have a full list of specs, and any idea how much postage would be?

The manual Fitz posted doesn't cover the 9150, also do you know roughly how old this unit is? (Not looking for exact dates like just a roughy age in years)
[/quote]

Hi mate, not 100% sure about anything to be honest. It ain't state of the art but it's functional, loud, and like any other power amp, only as good as the signal source (as you can see from the pics, I used it with an Aggie and it sounded very nice indeed). As far as I know (mostly from the previous owner) it's early 80's, 150w, and was spec'd specifically for bass. Postage would be around £15 by Interparcel

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1326564215' post='1498959']
Hi mate, not 100% sure about anything to be honest. It ain't state of the art but it's functional, loud, and like any other power amp, only as good as the signal source (as you can see from the pics, I used it with an Aggie and it sounded very nice indeed). As far as I know (mostly from the previous owner) it's early 80's, 150w, and was spec'd specifically for bass. Postage would be around £15 by Interparcel

Cheers

Chris
[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

If my bank situation is alright and this is still here, i hope to try and have this off you in a couple of weeks!

• 1 month later...

Phwoar! Am I the only dude here that just loves the look of 80's Laney gear?! Looks so wick!

Unfortunately I have no need for this and I know from bitter experience what happens when you end up on the search for the perfect rackmount rig! It destroys a man, I tell thee!

Bump

Alex

• 2 months later...