Why become a member? ×

warwick streamer

HADGE

[quote name='HADGE' post='1310780' date='Jul 20 2011, 08:17 PM']hi folks can anyone help me ,i have bought a warwick streamer lx jazzman whats the difference between a jazzman and the streamer .cheers[/quote]

I am purely going from memory and semi guessing but is the Streamer Jazzman a Streamer body and the Jazzman a Corvette body?

[quote name='Linus27' post='1310796' date='Jul 20 2011, 08:30 PM']I am purely going from memory and semi guessing but is the Streamer Jazzman a Streamer body and the Jazzman a Corvette body?[/quote]
thanks for reply mate i dont know anything about warwicks as i always use fenders but you could be right thanks again.

I think the difference between the Jazzman, Stage I and Stage II is the pickup configuration - The Jazzman being Warwicks take on the 'Jazz Bass' sound - With added Warwickness. If I recall, the Jazzman is a slightly cheaper option as it had less Luxury options available - That said its still a damn nice bass.

I've moved this to Bass Guitar Discussion so a few more Warwick-heads can hopefully fadd to the discussion.

I had a streamer jazzman and I miss it!

there are many different types of streamer.

the streamer LX (bolt on neck) and the streamer stage 1 ( neck thru) have a p bass type pickup at the neck and a jazz type pickup at the bridge.

the jazzman is similar to the streamer LX (bolt on neck) but it has different pickups. it has a musicman type pickup at the bridge and a jazz type pickup at the neck.

i think this is correct. Also there are many more types of streamers such as the streamer stage 2 and signature models

www.warwick.de has lots of info on all the models.

Streamer stage 1 - all maple body neck through , PJ pickups 3 band EQ
Streamer stage 2 - afzelia body neck through , JJ pickups, 3 band EQ
Streamer LX - maple body, bolt on ovangkol neck , PJ pickups, 2 band EQ
Streamer LX (Jazzman) ash/ekenga stripe/maple top , bolt on ovangkol neck, splittable musicman(series/paralell/single coil) and jazz pickups, 3 band EQ
Streamer LX $$ Ash body, bolt on ovangkol neck, two splittable musicman pickups
And various signature types PNUT 1,2 AND 3 etc

All very diffrent ive owned stage 1, LX and Jazzman versions and loved em all, still Spector copies though :) the jazzman sounded so good, but i hated the neck, jazzman = jAZZ pickup and musicMAN pickup, still a streamer

hope this helps

[quote name='lee650' post='1311012' date='Jul 20 2011, 11:40 PM']Streamer stage 1 - all maple body neck through , PJ pickups 3 band EQ
Streamer stage 2 - afzelia body neck through , JJ pickups, 3 band EQ
Streamer LX - maple body, bolt on ovangkol neck , PJ pickups, 2 band EQ
Streamer LX (Jazzman) ash/ekenga stripe/maple top , bolt on ovangkol neck, splittable musicman(series/paralell/single coil) and jazz pickups, 3 band EQ
Streamer LX $$ Ash body, bolt on ovangkol neck, two splittable musicman pickups
And various signature types PNUT 1,2 AND 3 etc

All very diffrent ive owned stage 1, LX and Jazzman versions and loved em all, still Spector copies though :) the jazzman sounded so good, but i hated the neck, jazzman = jAZZ pickup and musicMAN pickup, still a streamer

hope this helps[/quote]
thanks for your help and thanks to all the other great bc your all great guys and al so helpfull thanks again.