Why become a member? ×

Beautiful Fender USA Standard Jazz Bass

TRBboy

I'm selling my beloved 1997 USA Standard Jazz Bass, which has been with me since new in 1998. It is a fantastic playing and sounding bass, and has done lots of work with me over the years.

It is completely original, in a beautiful Lake Placid Blue finish with a Rosewood fretboard. The bass is in amazing condition IMO considering it is 13 years old and has done a lot of work. I always really look after my instruments, and it has been regularly serviced and set up. It has just had a pro setup by my local luthier and has had a brand new original nut fitted. Due to the care this bass has received, there is virtually zero fretwear, despite the amount of work it has done (please see pics). There are a few small dings on the back of the neck (towards the upper side, so you don't feel them when playing), and some light scrathes on the back of the body. I feel that this is reasonable wear and tear for it's age and usage.

The original Fender hardcase comes with it, which is a little battered, and has got all the feet missing, but has done a grand job of protecting the bass, and still has many more years left in it!

All of the original documents, tag, strap and truss rod tool are included.

The finish really is gorgeous, it is the most lush and deep Lake Placid Blue I have ever seen on any bass. I believe it is quite hard to find this colour in this model.

I have lots of great memories with this bass, doing lots of varied gigs and projects. I hope it goes to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have!

[s]£750[/s] [b]Now £695ono for quick sale![/b] Please feel free to make me a sensible offer if you're interested!

Of course if you have any questions please ask.

[attachment=84922:IMG_1160.med.jpg]

[attachment=84923:IMG_1161.med.jpg]

[attachment=84924:IMG_1162.med.jpg]

[attachment=84925:IMG_1166.med.jpg]
This picture is taken at 5th fret.

[attachment=84926:IMG_1167.med.jpg]

[attachment=84927:IMG_1170.med.jpg]

[attachment=84928:IMG_1171.med.jpg]

[attachment=84929:IMG_1172.med.jpg]

[attachment=84930:IMG_1173.med.jpg]

[attachment=84931:IMG_1174.med.jpg]

[attachment=84877:IMG_1175.med.jpg]

Edited by TRBboy

Yep you were 100% correct.
That is one very nice Jazz.

If i didn't already have one i would buy this - stunning to put it mildly.

Good luck and hope you get the bass you were after, especially after much deliberation in selling.

Cheers
Dave
:)

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1306942' date='Jul 17 2011, 07:06 PM']Yep you were 100% correct.
That is one very nice Jazz.

If i didn't already have one i would buy this - stunning to put it mildly.

Good luck and hope you get the bass you were after, especially after much deliberation in selling.

Cheers
Dave
:)[/quote]

Thanks Dave, she's a beaut ain't she!

I just hope someone buys reasonably soon because I think I've found the next aquisition, and it's a bit of a one off........

GAS is a terrible thing!

Can't find a feedback thread for TRBboy so just to let you know that Oli is a great guy to deal with - very smooth transaction, good communications, bass packed really well, happy to come to an equitable agreement about paypal & delivery, etc

A nice guy and a pleasure to deal with……….

Edited by peteb