Why become a member? ×

Pedal repair? Ashdown Hyperdrive SORTED!

simwells

My Ashdown Lomenzo Hyperdrive has suddenly become a mute switch! Still powers up but when switched on absolutely nothing comes through it anymore. Any ideas on what's likely to have broken on it, and whether I've got any real chance of being able to fix it? (happy to sit with a multimeter and check relevant components)

If it makes any difference it was working perfectly Thursday night then sound checked for a gig last night and that was when it started.

Edited by simwells

[quote name='simwells' post='1307138' date='Jul 17 2011, 10:04 PM']Where would I be best to get a replacement from? What exact switch would I need? Thanks[/quote]

Open it up. If there are 6 connectors on the footswitch then you need a DPDT one (google it, it's a fairly common part). If there are 9 connectors (possibly this one, as it's true bypass) then it's a 3PDT footswitch.

Hotrox have the 3PDT for just under £5 [url="http://www.hotroxuk.com/3pdt-foot-switch-11232-0.html"]here[/url], or a DPDT (double throw double pole) looks like that, but with only 6 connectors. If you can't find a DPDT then you can simply use a 3DPT and only use 6 of the lugs.

Hope this helps, Paul

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1307143' date='Jul 17 2011, 10:07 PM']What was wrong with it in the end?[/quote]

No idea it did the old magical fixing itself trick, so I'll probably never know!

Thanks for the advice on the switch though if I remember correctly there's 6 connections on there I'll probably just use a 3pdt though.

It's a DPDT - I've had two Hyperdrives and one replacement switch from Ashdown - the pedal sounds great but the parts they're using are cheap and nasty. Get a nice chunky heavy duty switch from somewhere and bust out your soldering iron then enjoy!!