Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Mark King MKII customised (rare)

jodo

Jaydee bass, year 1984, 4 strings, very good state (body, neck, sound, electronic).
This bass has been customised like a MKI for the neck and with golden pieces. It s very rare

For the price 1588.77 GBP

Edited by jodo

[quote name='adledman' post='1313928' date='Jul 23 2011, 10:37 AM']i am confused as to what the customisation is and the rarity?[/quote]
Usually S2 models don't come with neck and head binding, nor gold hardware. That's the only thing that looks customized.

Guest caillavrem

not exactly enzo, but thanks for your comment. On this model, the sound is very vintage (model 84) and J DIGGINS himself customised the neck and the head like the serie I. That s the reason of the prize. So it s very very rare. And the bass iss in a very very good state.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='blunderthumbs' post='1332655' date='Aug 8 2011, 03:03 PM']What I don't understand is why it has gold hardware and chrome tuners :)[/quote]

I believe it's because gold-plated Schaller tuners were very expensive at the time (not that they're cheap now) and were quite hard to get hold off. This "mismatch" is very common.

QUOTE (adledman @ Jul 23 2011, 10:37 AM)
i am confused as to what the customisation is and the rarity?
QUOTE (Enzo @ Jul 23 2011, 11:47 PM)
Usually S2 models don't come with neck and head binding, nor gold hardware. That's the only thing that looks customized.
[quote name='caillavrem' post='1314467' date='Jul 24 2011, 03:19 AM']not exactly enzo, but thanks for your comment. On this model, J DIGGINS himself customised the neck and the head like the serie I.[/quote]

I think we're talking about the same thing...

The neck and the head have that white stripe, so called binding, that is standard on the Series 1 and a custom option on the Series 2 or 3 or any other bass he builds.

Edited by Enzo

• 3 weeks later...