Why become a member? ×

A niceUS Fender Precision but something's a bit off.

absolutpepper

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fender-precision-bass-original-s1-usa-case-rare-/130545706773?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e65216715"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fender-precision-bas...=item1e65216715[/url]

I'm a bit confused, this is a really nice looking precision however is it just me or is the second picture (the back of the headstock) a photo of a strat headstock - those dont look like the tuners or spacing of a P Bass headstock - convenient that thats the picture showing the serial number!!

That, coupled with the 97% feedback sure puts me off. Any thoughts???

Also, it's for local pickup, so the winner can check it upon collection. Probably, messed pics up.
@Moos3h This colour combo "red-black pg-maple/maple neck" is very common for the previous standard MIA p-bass. At some point there were 2 selling on ebay.co.uk.
I'd say hit it. I've heard only good things about this bass.

Edited by Papalampraina

you've got plenty of time to query the photo with him before the auction ends, it can't hurt to ask the question...

Also, I had an S-1 jazz bass which for me over complicated the controls (it never sounded quite right with the switch engaged either) and I was tempted to switch them out for some standard controls or put an East Retro in it...I sold it in the end as I realised my lack of love for Jazz necks was a higher priority than the controls...

[quote name='Moos3h' post='1304489' date='Jul 15 2011, 10:40 AM']That is the exact colour combo Westfield P basses are available in. Just sayin'.[/quote]

That was my first thought also - my local music shop has a Westfield in that colour combo but if you look at the main pic you can see that the truss rod adjustment is at the heel not the headstock where Westfields are so it does look legit.