Why become a member? ×

Custom Home-Modified Squier Jazz Bass. SOLD!!!

matt-bass-sparkes

The bass was originally a 2001 Indonesian Squier Standard Jazz bass.
The original colour is a dull metallic green.

I have sanded one half of the body down by hand. The halfway point is a bit sketchy, but you can easily sand this yourself, or put some sort of binding on it. The back of the body has been sanded a bit, but not finished, so it looks a but rough. There is also a screw hole in the back where I had another strap knob.
I sanded the Squier logo and serial number off the headstock with a view to putting on a Fender decal, but I never got that far.

The electronics are all new... The pots are all 250k pots from Stewie Macc, and the electric plate is a black chrome plate. I soldered the electronics myself.
There is a Seymour Duncan SJB-1 Vintage Pickup in the neck position, and a Seymour Duncan SJB-3 Quarter Pounder in the bridge position. The pickups have been in there 2 months. I will send the plastic boxes that these came in.

The neck is straight and feels nice to play.
This bass sounds aaaaaaaaaamazing...the pickups really work well with this body. I believe the body is made from Agathis wood.

I'm only selling because I am concentrating more on my P-bass project, and need to raise some funds.

[i][b]£250 OVNO[/b][/i]

[attachment=84553:IMG_1341.JPG]
[attachment=84551:IMG_1340.JPG]
[attachment=84547:IMG_1338.JPG]
[attachment=84548:IMG_1339.JPG]
[attachment=84542:IMG_1334.JPG]
[attachment=84541:IMG_1333.JPG]
[attachment=84543:IMG_1335.JPG]
[attachment=84544:IMG_1336.JPG]
[attachment=84545:IMG_1337.JPG]
[attachment=84540:IMG_1332.JPG]

Edited by matt-bass-sparkes